If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 24, 2022

Audio Book Review: Moon Touched By Elizabeth Briggs

Moon Touched
(Zodiac Wolves #1)
By Elizabeth Briggs

Narrator: Lia Langola
Length: 8 hours and 17 minutes

My fated mate rejected me—and now I've been captured by someone even worse.

As the half-human outcast of the Cancer pack, I've been beaten and bullied my whole life. Gaining my wolf form and my fated mate is my only chance to change packs and hope for a better life.

Except when my fated mate is revealed, he's the future alpha of the Leo pack—our worst enemies. He rejects me in front of everyone, just before the Leos slaughter my entire pack and murder my family.

I manage to escape, but then I'm kidnapped by a far greater threat: the alpha of the mysterious lost pack. The 13th sign was banished from the Zodiac Wolves years ago, and I thought they were just a myth.

They're real. They're holding me captive. And the dark, dangerous alpha is offering me something I can't refuse—revenge.

Moon Touched is the first book in the scorching hot Zodiac Wolves series.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series: 
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

This was a very well-written and character-driven story. I loved it so much. The cliffhanger ending did leave a bad taste in my mouth, however. Had the story cut off in the week it took for the final "meeting" to take place I would have been happier because I would have considered that a natural stopping point in the story. I won't take away any stars from my rating because of this just know that I'm very angry about it.

The author did a fantastic job introducing Ayla and making her a sympathetic character. I loved that we got a taste of what her "family" life was like before things went haywire. That's not an easy thing to do and I appreciated how the author went about it. I also liked her slow evolution into having a spine, realizing that she's not a waste of space and that she deserves to be treated with respect regardless. 

Kaden. I love to hate him and still like him all at the same time. He's usually a hard*ss but when his armor shows the slightest crack he's a man who actually FEELS things. I know, I know! Impressive right? On a more serious note, he's gone through quite a bit not all dissimilar to Ayla. I really like them together. I just hope for Ayla's sake that he also feels the same way considering how this book ended.

The end, as I've mentioned in this review, really sucked. This wasn't a cliffhanger that hurt. This one was one of those frustrating ones. You know that things will eventually right themselves but it's going to be a long journey to get to that place. I'll just be over here pouting until that happens. I'm lucky in a way because the next book is already out (when I'm writing this) but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to wait for the third book and it's not going to be pretty.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...