If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Monthly Recap: August 2019


August!

August kicked my butt! For the second time in my life, I lost my voice due to a really strong cold. Add that to the usual symptoms of a cold: stuffy nose, overall weakness in my body and a beautiful dry hacking cough. It was a wonder I even slept for the first 14 days of this month or got any books read for that matter. It's a wonderful sensation to have to cough for every half-sentence you read. Listening to audio books also turned into an ordeal because every time I coughed I missed a few seconds of the narration. It was so fun. I swear I read books in a haze of medication. I'm still slightly hoarse with a persistent but much more manageable barely-there cough even 30 days after this whole thing started. This is the longest and most unruly cold I've had to date and I really want it gone.

On another note, Winter is almost over here in Brazil, unfortunately. I'm not looking forward to the sweltering heat and overall stickiness that comes with spring and summer here. Maybe if I wish it hard enough it'll snow here? Anyone know of any sure ways to make that happen? C:

Books I Read & Listened
To In August

  • Bear Run By Belinda Meyers - This was a quick read in the paranormal romance genre! It was just what I was looking for! (My review coming soon!)
  • Witchblade (2017) #15 - An interesting read but still way too short for my liking! This one seemed to zip by particularly quick. (My review here!)
  • The Shadow Weave By Annette Marie - This trilogy and I have a rocky past. I'm, now, ashamed to admit that I DNFed this book in August 2018. I'm SO glad to say this was an amazing book the second time around! (My review here!)
  • Immortal Promise By Kim LoraineI loved what the author did with this story! She picked up on a character she introduced in her first story with the first season of the Midnight Coven and incorporated a character from a series she recently started releasing.  (My review coming soon!)
  • The Blood Curse By Annette Marie - This was a great not-quite ending for this trilogy. It left a future adventure wide open for the Blackfire series the author is planning to join everyone up in! (My review coming soon!)
  • Blood Truth By J.R. Ward - I didn't know what to think going into this book. Boone was never a favorite character of mine or one that stood out in any way for me throughout past stories. Color me surprised when I actually got into both stories in this book! (My review coming soon!)




Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In September

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

9th

CallousTap Out | 


10th
Here's What Happened On
This Blog In August

I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme:

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Mikky Sig 2

4 comments:

  1. Hey hope you feel better! That sounds like a nasty cold! And I hear you on the heat. We're going out of summer now here soon and TBH I'm kinda looking forward to the cooler temps.

    Nice to see Marie putting out so many good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there! It was. It made top 5 most unruly colds I've had all my life. Heat is my nightmare. I need rain or snow. Heck I'll even take hail if it cools things off for the next several months! Annette Marie is putting out almost a book a month in the next few months! :)

      Delete
    2. Is she really? Wow she's prolific. Good for us readers though. :)

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
    3. She's been planning up a storm apparently in the last year or so & that's great news! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...