If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 19, 2019

Audio Book Review: The Shadow Weave By Annette Marie

The Shadow Weave
(Spell Weaver #2)
By Annette Marie

Narrators: Melissa Moran & Greg Tremblay
Length: 9 hours and 43 minutes
Clio might be a nymph living in exile among humans. And she might possess the rare ability to mimic any magic she sees. And she might have just seriously ticked off the most powerful family of spell weavers in the Underworld.

But she is not in love with an incubus.

Lyre is the rebellious black sheep of said weaver family, and he's the only reason she survived her recent Underworld "vacation." He's also the sexiest thing she's ever seen. Together, they have to track down a catastrophically dangerous magic—a magic he created, she sort of stole, and they both lost—before his family gets their hands on it. And that means fighting alongside him in a desperate attempt to avert complete disaster.

But she is definitely not in love with him. At least, she's pretty sure she's not.

Mostly sure.
Maybe sure?
…Crap.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | Audible |

Check Out The Other Books In This Trilogy:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

This trilogy and I have a rocky past. I'm, now, ashamed to admit that I DNFed this book in August 2018. I'm a mood reader, so the only justification I have for that act is that I probably just wasn't in the mood for a book like this and ended up taking it out on said book instead of figuring out what the actual problem was. Anywho, here we are at the finish line and I'm SO glad to say this was an amazing book the second time around!

Annette Marie's writing style and world-building does wonders for every book she writes. This one is no exception! I would love to be in her head when she comes up with these concepts and stories.

My prediction about Cleo in my review of the first book in this series came to pass. Cleo turned out to be a bad*ss in this story with a little help from Lyre, of course. She's finally found her potential and is using it to help those she believes needs it. I can't wait to see what she does in the conclusion to this trilogy.

Lyre was still not fully there. I know I can't expect him to be the same Lyre he was when the Steel & Stone series ended, but I kind of miss that Lyre. Is he slowly getting there? Yeah. Will I continue reading to find out how it all ends and subsequently starts the Steel & Stone Series? You bet!

The ending had me on the edge of my seat! I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened had Cleo told the king though. Would he have believed her and sent troops or would he have locked her up to keep her "safe" from the "danger" and "conspiracy" of it all? I guess we'll never know. On to the next book in the trilogy!

The Audio Book:

Both narrations were awesome! Even though I usually dislike male narrations I found this one to be bearable. Though be warned that I listened to this book while high on cold and cough medications so I could be mistaken. Due to my coughing fits every other minute I couldn't, for the life of me, tell you about the accents and tones for both narrators. I'm just glad I'm alive after that ordeal and that this book helped pass the time!

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better, Mikky and that this story helped.
    I am an emotional reader too, I've downed quite a few books recently for being too YA and grinding my nerves the wrong way, I should probably go back to them when I'm not s menopausal! Lol!
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cold was not fun. I'm still not 100% but I'm getting there :)
      I've done that SO many times! Sometimes it's just a detail that keeps popping up that will make me feel irrationally annoyed with a book. I'm not there yet but it already sounds like a not-so-fun time. I hope it gets better C:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...