If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 23, 2019

Audio Book Review: The Blood Curse By Annette Marie

The Blood Curse
(Spell Weaver #3)
By Annette Marie

Narrator: Melissa Moran, Greg Tremblay & Jorjeana Marie
Length: 10 hours and 55 minutes
When Clio conned her way into the Underworld to steal magic from the notorious spell weavers of Chrysalis, she thought she was helping protect her homeland.

Instead, she exposed Lyre's most calamitous spell, and now her half-brother Bastian plans to wield it against the powerful Ra family. Clio and Lyre have to stop him before he can unleash it, but Bastian isn't their only adversary.

Chrysalis wants the shadow weave—and they want Lyre dead. And this time, they aren’t trusting mercenaries to get the job done. Lyre's father is coming for him, and no magic can defeat the most lethal weaver in the three realms.

From the scorching deserts of Ra to the darkest corner of the Underworld, Clio and Lyre must chase the shadow weave as both the hunters and the hunted. To make it out alive, they'll need magic more devious and dangerous than either of them alone possesses, and if they fail, the realms will pay the price.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Trilogy:
(Linked to my review!)


My Review:

This was a great not-quite ending for this trilogy. It left a future adventure wide open for the Blackfire series the author is planning to join everyone up in! This may have had a rocky start for me but it ended better than I anticipated it would and I'm so glad for that.

I finally saw a little bit of that mischievous and calculating Lyre I loved getting to know in the Steel & Stone series. The adventure he had in this trilogy builds a whole new level to his character's personality in the following series. I'm excited about where this is headed!

Cleo has proved herself and I loved her in this finale! The gang goes up against almost impossible odds and manage to get themselves out alive with Cleo being the most important part of that plan. I can't wait to see her 10 years from now and find out how she's progressed since this trilogy.

The ending was bittersweet. I was expecting something horrible and nasty to happen and, again, I'm SO glad I was wrong! I'll have to tell myself that it isn't really over and that a happily ever after is still possible for everyone until the Blackfire series starts getting released in 2021 (The author is hoping for 2021, I hope that doesn't change!).

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! I still dislike male narrations but Greg Tremblay turned out to be an okay listen. Both narrations have a reasonable amount of different accents and distinctive male and female voices. I was still in a cold-medication-haze for the first half of this book so I can't really comment on a lot. Just know that it was a great story and that it passed the time quite well!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...