If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Halloween Costumes I'd Love to Wear

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Bookish Halloween Costumes
I'd Love to Wear

*Book covers linked to my review



Raven from the Crossbreed Series
By Dannika Dark

Considering my level of fangirling where this series is concerned, putting together a Raven costume would only need a leather jacket, combat boots and a push dagger that can be hidden in my belt.



A trainee from the Black Dagger Legacy Series
By J. R. Ward

It's a new group of characters so being a generic trainee would be relatively simple. You'd need to dress all in black, wear heavy sh*t kickers (as the author likes to refer to them), pop in a pair of vampire fangs (optional) and if you aren't naturally defined or muscular some strategic contouring can go a long way. You could also add a detail here and there if you're looking to resemble a specific main character.

Kat from the Night Huntress Series
By Jeaniene Frost

This will depend on what era of Kat you'll want to represent. I personally find the first era (when Bone's trains her to scope out vampires in bars) easier to recreate. Find some really high kick*ss heels (think pole dancer inspired shoes) with either a short dress or tight-fitting jeans and cleavage enhancing top. Remember to have strategically hidden stakes throughout the outfit because it needs to be functional while still getting the job done *wink wink*.


Sabina from the Sabina Kane Series
By Jaye Wells

The most important feature you'd need to find or fabricate would be a wig that's black and has a lot of neon red highlights. The rest would be simple: combat boots, black clothing, and a gun. If you're looking to be super realistic having a Ducati bike will complete the look.

Mercy from the Mercy Thompson Series
By Patricia Briggs

You'll need temporary tattoos (if you've got real tattoos that's even better), a basic tank top, jeans that have been worn well (she's a mechanic so if they're stained that's even better) and regular shoes. Depending on which book you're going off of you can also fabricate a walking stick of some kind (check the book for a detailed description). It's been a while since I've read this series so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think her dark hair is usually in a long braid down her back.
What's your favorite Halloween costume
you've ever worn?
Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun twist on this week's topic! I really need to give the Mercy Thompson series a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Mercy Thompson of these but yeah her look wouldn't be TOO hard to recreate, I think. And I love the all black, the boots, haha. Fangs sound pretty good too for Halloween! A leather jacket would be perfect, maybe the black hair with neon highlights...kind of a mash up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would be great for a last minute thing on Halloween! I too adore all black outfits, so I subconsciously projected it on all the heroines in the novels I've mentioned... oops? Neon Highlights sounds like a great idea! :)

      Delete
  3. All these costume posts are great! I like how you went for looks that wouldn't be too intense to recreate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intense costumes are not meant to be created/put together a few days before Halloween! Also most of the books I read have pretty subtle and nondescript main characters (with a few exceptions) which helps these situations along :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...