If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Book Review: Up From The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

Up From The Grave 
(Night Huntress #7) 
By Jeaniene Frost 

There’s always one more grave to dig.
Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.

Available At:
Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This. Book. Was. Amazing.

This is one of the best book series that I've read in its entirety. I'm not one to finish a series. By book 4,  I get disinterested, or I feel the author loses important bits of the heroine I've learned to love in book one and make her a cry baby who doesn't have a backbone. Others, simply make the series TOO long (Book 13 is pushing it for me), and the author loses me there since there isn't a story to tell anymore. Mrs. Frost knew exactly what she was doing with this book. It was engaging since the first paragraph (And no, it's not because I'm fangirling...excuse you). 

I love, love, love Bones. He was one of my first book boyfriends and I fell HARD. Though I don't always agree with his methods, he does have a way of coming through when Cat or anyone in his family/coven/clan/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is in need of assistance. 

Cat is one of the best heroine's I've read and have the displeasure to say goodbye to. She has had a back bone and a stubborn streak since I could even recognize what it was that made me like her so much since book 1. Sure she also uses unorthodox methods to get what she wants, but who cares? It's just too entertaining. 

Mrs. Frost made me cry TWO times in this novel. There were plot twists coming left and right in this and I was loving EVERY BIT of it. That almost-this-could-turn-into-a-future-spin-off ending was just CRUEL. Sure there was the implied happily-ever-after, but I want to know in detail what will happen to EVERYONE (you'll get my drift if you've read this book). They will never be safe forever, but I still want a little bit more. I'd be content with another 7 Book long series. What do you say Mrs. Frost? Pretty please?

Overall, this series as a WHOLE is fantastic. I recommend it and it's spin-offs for vampire junkies like myself. Deeply saddens me to say goodbye to this series.

Favorite Quotes:

"That's how two vampires, a medium, and a dog came to sit around a Ouija board in the back room of a floral shop."

"The most dangerous enemy you've faced is yourself, Kitten. I know that even if you still won't admit it."

"Obviously, no one had told him that Egyptians from his era were supposed to be partial to cats."

"Get off, luv, I'm high as a bloody kite. No telling what I'll do."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...