If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Monthly Recap: July 2020


July!

I have a very bad relationship with the month of July. Things always seem to go wrong during this month. I also hate the number 7 for other reasons I won't get into. Stange, I know. So this month went as well as can be expected. I got a lot of books read (more accurately I listened to a lot of books). I was approved for a few comics on Netgalley which was awesome! My eyes are still making me go through hell on a daily basis though. I think I'm going to have to make that ophthalmologist appointment during the pandemic after all because it's getting hard to be a human being with the way my eyes are getting. Here's to a better August!

Books I Read & Listened
To In July

| eARC | eARC | Audio Book |
  • Fangs By Sarah Andersen - This was SO adorable! I usually love Sarah Andersen's books and this one was no exception! (My Review Is Live Here!)
  • Frankie Comics By Rachel Dukes - This was SO cute! I'm not a cat mom but I do have a dog. While he doesn't climb on tables and whatnot a lot of these situations still rang true for me! (My Review Is Live Here!)
  • Alpha Night By Nalini Singh - I've enjoyed books in this series in the past and as much as I wanted to also love this one that was not the case. This book was interesting enough with the author's incredible powers of world-building. (My Review Coming Soon!)
| eBookAudio Book | eARC |
  • Fae Kings Vengeance By Layla Harper - This book was SO bittersweet! It's the end of Kyra and Rogar's story but it's not the end of the series. I adore the world the author built and I'm looking forward to future books from other character points of view. (My Review Is Live Here!)
  • A Quick & Easy Guide to Consent By Isabella Rotman - This book is fantastic! This should definitely be taught in schools or be included in a summer reading list of some sort. Heck, there are a lot of grown adults who need to read this book and educate themselves on consent. (My Review Is Live Here!)
eARC | Audio Book | Audio Book |
  • Once Burned By Jeaniene FrostThis is a reread and boy does this book bring back memories! I used to love Vlad in the Night Huntress series. (My Review Coming Soon!)
  • Twice Tempted By Jeaniene Frost - The story was so engaging! This author's writing style has gotten better with every book she's written and it's no different for this series so far. (My Review Coming Soon!)
| Audio Book Audio Book |
  • Bound By Flames By Jeaniene Frost - It seems like I was very harsh on this series during my first read-through. (My Review Is Live Here!)
  • Pestilence By Laura ThalassaThe moral quandaries embedded in this novel while trying to redeem a villain proved to be very interesting. Though I understand what this novel tried to do it wasn't enough to convince me to put aside my morals. (My Review Coming Soon!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In August

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

4th

Midnight Sun |



18th

The Jackal |


25th

Lost Talismans And A Tequila |


Here's What Happened On
This Blog In July

I participated in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme:

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

And Book Looks are BACK! Check them out:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...