If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 21, 2020

Audio Book Review: Lost Talismans and a Tequila By Annette Marie

Lost Talismans and a Tequila
(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #7)
By Annette Marie

Narrators: Cris Dukehart & Teddy Hamilton
Length: 7 hours and 55 minutes

You know that squirmy sensation in your gut when you have no idea what you're doing and you're about to screw everything up? 

Yeah, that feeling. 

 I thought I was a good judge of character, but recent events proved me very wrong. Now, in a brilliant demonstration of my newfound caution, I'm putting all my faith in a demon—a demon who's tried to kill me before. The squirmy feeling is making sense, right? 

 Unfortunately, I don't have any other options. Ezra's time is almost up, which means I need answers and I need them fast. So it's time to toughen up, pack my gear, and find me one of the most illegal, reviled, and scarce mythics out there: a demon-mage summoner. 

 And all I have to do is follow a demon's instructions on where to look. How could that go wrong?
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* Beware of spoilers for past books in this series.

I didn't enjoy this book to its fullest because I got in my own head! URGH. This sucks. I wanted to love this book. Heck, I've been looking forward to this book for years now. BUT. I want Robin and Zylas's story more! I know I can't skip the rest of this series and reread it later because I'll knowingly spoil it for myself. I want to read everything at the same time and that made me not adore this book like I wanted to from the start. Gosh, being a stan is hard! 

Tori was really introspective in this novel. It was due to the circumstances she found herself and the guys in but it was still very much valid and appreciated. Kicking butt all the time and not having a chance to breathe is hard on anyone especially someone in her situation.

Erza! I'd like to say I had an inkling since the beginning but I didn't but at the same time, I'm so happy for Tori and him but also myself for always being on his team. He's finally got a fire in him (maybe quite literally?) to be done with his situation and it brought tears to my eyes. He's finally, maybe, possibly, going to be free and happy! 

I loved seeing Kai back with the guys even if temporary. The ending wasn't a surprise but it did shock me. I wonder what we'll see transpiring between Erza and Robin in Robin's book!

The Audio Book:

The female narrator was amazing as ever but I really disliked the male narrator. He didn't have any differentiation between characters. Everyone's voice was the same and it had me confused for the minutes I had to listen to him speak. 

My Rating:
 & ½

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the male narrator wasn't as good - that's a shame. Annette Marie is really writing prolifically with this series! I think I'll have to add it to my finishing the series challenge 2021! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens! Male narrators usually aren't for me. Annette Marie has written up a storm this year and she has so much more planned for 2021! You should definitely add this series to your challenge! It's SO good!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...