If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Monthly Recap: May 2021

May!

May was one of those blurred months. It felt like I blinked and poof! June was here. The pandemic is still doing weird things to my concept of time. I'm glad that the world is, at the very least, on the path to beating this thing. In Brazil, the vaccinations for people in my age group who are healthy are still quite a ways away thanks to our illustrious and incompetent leader. I can't wait to finally feel safe enough to walk maskless into a store. I know it'll probably be quite some time before that happens. Heck even when I'm vaccinated I'll probably still be on edge. Ah. Anxiety. Fun times ahead it seems.

Until next month!
Happy reading!

Books I Read & Listened
To In May

| eBook | Audio Book | eBook |
  • Lover Unveiled By J. R. Ward -  I went into this book with an open mind and an open heart. I can't say that I loved what I got though. It was an overall okay book. (My review coming soon!)
  • The Crown Of Gilded Bones By Jennifer L. Armentrout - This book made me shed actual TEARS. Do you know how much a book needs to affect me for that to happen? It almost never happens nowadays. This book ripped my heart out of my chest and served it to me raw on a silver platter. (My review coming soon!)
  • Cracked Open  By T.L. ChristiansonEven though I enjoyed this book it was still beyond frustrating. The adults were complete nincompoops. The heroine was left the in dark until the end of the story (even at the end we still know barely anything for a fact). (My review coming soon!)
| eBook | eBook | eARC |
  • Over Easy By T. L. ChristiansonI both love and hate this book so much. On one hand, the story is fascinating and well written (it's probably what's still keeping me reading). On the other hand, the heroine is left in a dark so dark that I don't even know which way is up anymore. (My review coming soon!)
| eBook | Audio Book | eBook |
  • Anton By Sophie Lark - This story lacked a clear plot throughout it and the characters didn't make up for the loss. Everything felt on the surface and the chemistry between the main characters was nowhere to be found. (My review coming soon!)
  • Afterlife By Dannika Dark - I adore this series! I can't say there's been one book in this series that I disliked. That being said, this one was my least favorite so far. (My review coming soon!)
  • Seal By Sybil Bartel - This was a great start to this series! I'm definitely invested in Adam and his story now. I liked that he wasn't super rough and "dominant". (My review is live here!)
| eBook |
  • Alpha By Sybil Bartel - The first two-thirds of this book was a dream. The last third however left a bad taste in my mouth. (My review coming soon!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In June

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

(Audio Book)                            

Here's What Happened On
This Blog In May


I reviewed the following books & audiobooks:

And Book Looks are BACK! Check them out:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!
Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...