If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 3, 2021

Audio Book Review: Warrior Fae Trapped By K.F. Breene

Warrior Fae Trapped
(Warrior Fae #1)
By K.F. Breene

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 9 hours and 21 minutes

The truce between the vampires and the shifters is long over. So when the two factions stumble upon a lost fae warrior who has no idea what she is, all hell breaks loose.

Charity hasn't had it easy. Growing up in a bad part of Chicago, left by her mother at 16, she's a survivor. So when she gets a scholarship to a good college out in California, she thinks all her dreams have come true.

Instead she falls head first into a nightmare.

At a posh party she doesn't belong, she gets the shock of her life: vampires and shifters are real! Magic is real. And she is anything but a mundane poor kid just trying to make it.

Warrior runs in her blood. If only she knew how to use it.

Suddenly, she is trapped between two magical super powers - a cunning elder vampire who wishes to use her for her blood ties and maybe tie her to the bed, and a sexy alpha shifter who will protect her at all costs.

Her life of surviving never could've prepared her for this. And if she doesn't learn to harness the fae magic running through her blood, she'll be imprisoned forever.

Action, humor, and romance - we're going back to the DDVN World!
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

I wish I could be as enamored, as so many other people are, with this series/universe that author has been fleshing out for quite a few books, but that's simply not the case. The concepts are so interesting but the characters just don't do it for me. The writing also doesn't pull me in. My battle with books by this author is becoming frustrating.

Charity walked the very fine line of being annoying throughout the story. I understood her hangups on gifts and money, to a degree, but how you rationalize and then proceed to get angry for receiving something that you're going to be employed for is beyond my capabilities as a human being. Her untrained and untamed magic being all-powerful and being able to almost defeat the big-bad (that no one else that was present could defeat) was disheartening. 

Devon was a really nice guy but was always wearing his a**hole persona. He proved time and time again that he was caring and sweet but they fought like cats and dogs. His pack was great until Yasmin came along. She was a disturbance that no one needed and she did nothing for the story overall.

The ending was left open for the next book in the series and I'm not sure if I want to continue on. Maybe when I get desperate for something to listen to I may break down and get to it. Until that time comes I'll be moving onto other books!

The Audio Book:

The narration was great because I adore Nicole Poole's narrations! Though it still sounds strangely muffled. I've definitely heard her sound better in audio books in the past, but that's not on her.  It also isn't my headphones either because I got a new set a few weeks ago. Otherwise, the different tones in male and female voices were fantastic!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...