If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 17, 2021

Book Review: Spell Linked By Theresa Kay

Spell Linked
(Ravencrest Academy #2)
By Theresa Kay 

School sucks, even for the supernaturally gifted.

The fallout from last quarter is worse than I could have ever imagined and hostilities between shifters and witches are intensifying by the day. OSA has practically taken over campus in their search for Bitten witches—and any traitors who didn’t report them. Including... me.

But that's not the only secret I have to hide.

My powers are growing, while my control over them is not. Unfortunately, there's no one I can turn to for help. My roommate's already suffered the consequences of being drawn into my problems, and after a magical mishap ends with another friend being blasted across the room, I refuse to endanger anyone else. Still, I'm a little tempted to give some magical payback to the arrogant witch-boy who kisses me one minute and gives me the cold shoulder the next.

All of this aside, I still have to find a way to pass all my classes. With the end of semester tournament closing in, there’s no time for mistakes. In this volatile equation, one little slip-up could be deadly.

Spell Linked is the second book in the Ravencrest Academy series, an exciting new YA paranormal academy series with a slow burn enemies-to-lovers romance. Perfect for fans of Supernatural Academy, Bloodline Academy, and Oberon Academy.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This book flew by! The writing style is so good. I have to give the author props for plot development because she's sprinkling just enough information throughout the story to keep me interested without being too frustrated. 

Selene really just needs a break from all the crap that keeps hitting her. Her life has been turned upside down and just as she's finally getting a handle on things something else appears. The mysteries surrounding her are slowly beginning to be resolved. I'm just very curious as to what the future holds for her at this point.

I'm still not a fan of Tristen. He's gotten better but the hot and cold thing he still has going on is too annoying to get behind. His mother is also a thorn in everyone's sides at this point. All the secrets surrounding these people makes them more annoying than mysterious to me.

Just once I'd like for Selene to trust someone and not be harmed or suffer any consequences because of it. I knew there was something sketchy about that professor. I just didn't know how deep it ran. He has a lot of explaining to do but I doubt we'll get those answers in the next book considering where the story is headed.

The end wasn't what I was expecting but looking back had I not been so preoccupied with all the other twists in the story I would have seen it coming. I wonder what the next book brings in terms of answers for Selene and maybe some family bonding? I'm curious enough to wait out the next book!

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...