If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, October 12, 2020

Audio Book Review: Crush By Tracy Wolff

Crush
(Crave #2)
By Tracy Wolff

Narrators: Heather Costa &Tim Paige
Length: 18 hours and 8 Minutes

Everything feels off—especially me. I’ve returned to Katmere Academy, but I’m haunted by fragments of days I have no recollection of living and struggling to understand who, or what, I really am.

Just when I start to feel safe again, Hudson is back with a vengeance. He insists there are secrets I don’t know about, threatening to drive a wedge between Jaxon and me forever. But far worse enemies are at our doorstep.

The Circle is caught in a power play and the Vampire Court is trying to drag me out of my world and into theirs. The only thing Hudson and Jaxon agree on is that leaving Katmere would mean my certain death.

And not only am I fighting for my life, but now everyone else’s is at stake—unless we can defeat an unspeakable evil. All I know is that saving the people I love is going to require sacrifice.

Maybe more than I’m able to give.

The Crave series is best enjoyed in order.
Reading Order:
Book #1 Crave
Book #2 Crush
Book #3 Covet
Book #4 Court
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

* Please take everything in this review with a grain of salt because it got very ranty! Everything in RED is a spoiler.

I'm so angry with this book. I feel betrayed and not in the OMG-a plot-twist-that-made-everything-better-and-blew-everything-out-of-the-water way. What happened shouldn't have needed to happen. Everything was set up so beautifully in the first book and then the author does this?! I don't think I've ever felt hurt by a book but this one is as close as I could've gotten to that feeling.

Let's be honest, the first 70% of this book was slow and pointless. It was building up to something that was supposed to be amazing but I just felt bored out of my mind. I understand that this author's writing style is longwinded but this could have been cut down by a lot. Then again maybe that opinion is due to the anger this book caused in me. I had to look up spoilers during that period of time because I was this close to DNFing this and calling it a day.

The main characters were done SO dirty in this novel. Things were fantastic in the first book. Why did it have to go this wrong? I agree with a review that I read where the person said that this series would have been better off as a standalone and ending 1 chapter short of the first book. You know what? I agree wholeheartedly with that person. This was not the sequel I wanted to read and the characters deserved so much better than this. 

SPOILERS

I make it no secret how much I disliked Love Triangles™. When it's done right it can add a lot to a story but most of the time it's horrendous and just makes you angry. The love triangle in this novel did NOTHING for the characters and the story made me suspicious of a Love Triangle™ for 70% of the novel and I hated every minute of it. 

END OF SPOILERS

The ending took it's sweet, sweet time getting there. I swear there was an action sequence that took more than an hour to complete. It was just too much and way too long. I also found myself rolling my eyes SO much throughout that whole ordeal.

Overall, I think this all boils down to me being very angry for not knowing this was going in the direction it went. The author took me completely by surprise and that made it so I wasn't prepared for it. I don't usually read the synopsis of books in a series that I'm already invested in so maybe that was on me. I still think this story could have gone in SO many better directions and I'm just plain angry and disappointed this was the path she chose. After I've calmed down I'll probably at least try to get through the next book. Maybe I'm a glutton for pain and anger at this point but we'll see how I feel once the book gets released.

P.S. Can we talk about how amazing this first blue cover for Crush was and what happened to it? It just disappeared off the face of the planet. It was easier on the eyes than the stark white on red current cover. The cover in this post is NOT the current cover because I couldn't find a high-resolution photo that I could enlarge without becoming blurry. So feast your eyes on this beauty!

The Audio Book:

The narration was great. It was probably one of the reasons why I pushed through this novel. The voices were relaxing enough to counteract all that anger I had boiling inside me while trying to stomach this story. All the character voices were distinguishable from each other and there were no strange background noises.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...