If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Monthly Recap: August 2020


August!

August wasn't the best month so far for reading. I don't know what happened. I sometimes feel like I'm getting into a slump and then I'll bounce back for a book or two and it restarts the cycle. I did reread quite a bit this month thanks to my mood reading with the semi-slump. The first half of this month my eyes were also feeling like twin balls of flames in my skull so actually reading a book with my eyes wasn't possible. After that, it got better (thank the book gods!). I haven't read this little in quite some time and the pandemic is still going strong, unfortunately. 

My city has exponentially grown in Covid cases these last 3 weeks and yet things are starting to open regardless of the situation. The city nearest us has decided to not have any regulations and so every Covid case they get gets directed to our hospitals. It's just overall infuriating that we have to wear masks and clean everything while their city is open regularly and their mayor thinks Covid is a joke (just like the President of Brazil). Anyone feel like the world is supposed to end in 2020, too?

Books I Read & Listened
To In August

| Audio Book | Audio Book | Audio Book |
  • The Darkest Star By Jennifer L. ArmentroutOMG this book is still SO, SO, SO good! It seems that I've found myself in a funk so rereading old favorites tends to help it pass. This was just as an amazing of a journey as the first time around. (My Review Is Live Here!)
  • Into The Fire By Jeaniene FrostI was really harsh on this novel for some odd reason. This wasn't nearly as bad as I made it out to be in this review and I'm sorry for what I said. (My Review Is Live Here!)
  • Heartless By Dannika Dark -  Going into this story I thought it was going to be one of my least favorite adventures but I was SO wrong. Everything started out innocuous enough for the team but it spiraled so fast [...]! (My Review Coming Soon!)
| eBook | Audio Book | Audio Book |
  • The Jackal By J. R. WardI was very skeptical about this story initially and now all I want are more stories about these characters! (My Review Coming Soon!)
| Audio Book |
  • Any Day Now By Lani Lynn Vale - This book was exactly what I was looking for! It was a quick, fun, and intriguing contemporary romance and it made the time go by that much quicker. (My Review Coming Soon!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In September

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

17th

Dragon Reformed |



29th

Crush |


Here's What Happened On
This Blog In August

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

And Book Looks are BACK! Check them out:

I rambled on about the following topics:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...