If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 3, 2020

Audio Book Review: Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped By Annette Marie

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped
(The Guild Codex: Demonized #3)
By Annette Marie

Narrator: Cris Dukehart
Length: 8 hours and 28 minutes

I thought I understood power.

My parents taught me that magic attracts equal danger, and everything I've seen since becoming a demon contractor confirms it. I've witnessed how power twists and corrupts--and I've tasted power no human should wield.

I thought I knew greed.

Ambition and avarice drove my family into hiding. My parents died for someone else's greed. I've never hunted anything in my life, but now I'm hunting their killer--with my demon's help.

I thought I'd seen evil.

But with each step closer to my parents' murderer, I'm uncovering a different sort of evil, piece by hidden piece. I've stumbled into an insidious web that silently, secretly ensnares everything it touches. My demon and I came as the hunters...

...but I think we might be the prey.
________
Author's Note: The Guild Codex includes two series, Demonized and Spellbound, which can be read and enjoyed all on their own; however, this book contains spoilers for Demon Magic and a Martini (Spellbound #4). If you were thinking about giving Spellbound a try, I recommend reading it first.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

I really, really, really enjoyed this book! Everything is falling apart but I have faith that the author knows what she's doing. This author sure knows how to weave a story and make it stick to you like glue. 

Robin is sweet but at the same time kick*ss. The relationship she maintains with Zylas is incredible and complex. I like how she blushes even when the wind blows too hard. She's adorable and Zylas has become her rock to a degree in these past few books.

Zylas is awesome! He's been slowly learning human customs and it's finally showing. He has a very calculating side to him and I love how he's using it to help Robin. Also, let's rejoice at THOSE scenes! I didn't expect it to happen but it did and I'm not crying, you are!

The one thing I disliked about this book was how the author had to backtrack and replay events from Robin and Zylas's point of view for quite a bit of the novel. It was still exciting but I wanted to story to move long even farther not be stuck catching up to the latest Guild Codex: Spellbound book.

I loved how the depth of Robin and Zylas's relationship evolved, especially at the end! I can't wait for the last book in this series. It'll definitely be one of those books where I'm sad to say goodbye. 

The Audio Book:

The narration was fantastic! There were no strange noises in the background and all the character's were discernable from each other.

My Rating:


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...