If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 25, 2020

Book Review: Defended by Darkness By Terry Bolryder

Defended by Darkness
(Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds #2)
By Terry Bolryder

Everything feels stronger in the dark...

From birth, Tanner has been the responsible one. Formerly known as Tynan, fae prince and commander of darkness, he has protected his kingdom from waves of chaos fae ever since the death of his father. Going to the human world should be an easy task, until he lays eyes on curvy, feisty Eva, and knows that she's the only one he wants to protect.

Eva is tired of everything. Her job. Her gross bosses. But she cares for the employees so she's not giving up. But one night, while venting, she shares an unexpected kiss with a tall, dark and handsome stranger. And when he shows up at her work the next day, even more tempting and gorgeous in daylight, she knows somehow, deep inside her, that things will never be the same.

As Tanner works to protect Eva from the forces chasing her, and awaken the latent fae powers inside her, explosive chemistry erupts between the two lovers. But danger is lurking around every corner, and if they want a happy ending, they'll have to be united...or fall.

Defended by Darkness is book 2 in the Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds series. No cheating. No cliffhanger. Just a fun, sexy, action-packed romance featuring an irresistible warrior prince and the woman he wants forever.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This is only the second book I've read by this author and I think she's a keeper! I'm really enjoying this series! The overall pacing and writing style is so good. 

I loved how headstrong and independent Eva was. Though she's almost naively optimistic that the company she's worked for for 10+ years actually likes and cares about her even though the higher-ups can't stand her because profits > the well being of all employees. She sees the good in people and initially she's really set on that notion. The only thing I disliked was her first and only fight with Tanner. I understand the reasons behind it but if someone had a problem that involved me and made a point to try and bring me a solution to the problem before I even knew it was a problem in the first place I would be ecstatic. Maybe that's just me?

Tanner (and all the heroes presented so far) was a breath of fresh air! I love seeing romance novels represent men as respectful and caring beings capable of communication and emotion. I know shocking right? Tanner is attentive, sweet and protective. He tried his best to take things at her pace and to introduce her slowly into his world. Though it was too mushy at times, it was still sweet.

I'm starting to see a pattern with the ending of these novels. I love the heroine kicking butt but I would love to see her falter or maybe overdo it to a degree. For me, her not having any training beforehand and doing all these amazing magical tricks perfectly just takes away from how incredibly powerful and amazing the guys' magic is described/supposed to be.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I'm just saying sometimes we love something... even when we know it's not good for us."

"Everything we do filters through the lens of our experience. Just because there are more horrible things that happen to others that we can't comprehend, it doesn't make our experiences meaningless."

"Your heart will harden and adjust to violence. Though, it might be better if it doesn't."

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, a character being able to wield any skill as an expert without being shown a believable amount of training through the story would take the edge off for me too, Mikky. The series is in Kindle Unlimited so I've added all of them. Not sure when I'll get around to reading them, but hey that why they call it a TBR PILE! 💜 😉 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing it's not just me! I hope you get to them soon! I'd love to hear what you thought about them ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...