If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 1, 2020

Book Review: Held By Heat By Terry Bolryder

Held By Heat
(Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds #3)
By Terry Bolryder


When a fire prince falls for a woman he can’t have, the whole world may just go up in flames…

Flynn, a notorious fire fae who always has some hungry princess on his tail, doesn’t think love exists. At least, not for him. But when a chance encounter with an intrepid woman who asks him the unthinkable turns into the most unexpected night of his life, the warrior prince realizes he may have just found his match.

Callie has always been a good judge of character. So when she asks sexy, surly, overprotective Flynn to do the one thing she’s never had the courage to do before—and he says yes—Callie can feel a magnetic pull between them that defies logic or even common sense. But even if she knows there’s something different about Flynn, he’s not the only one hiding secrets in the dark.

Callie may be the only person Flynn has ever wanted in his life, but the secret of her true nature may mean that he has no right to ever be with her. And while Flynn has to fight a lifetime of prejudice, Callie knows they’re meant to be together. Even if it means going up against the most powerful opposition the fae princes have ever encountered before.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This was my least anticipated book in this series and it still found a way to worm itself into my heart! This wasn't was I was expecting Flynn's story to be like at all and yet it was so precious! The writing, as always, was fantastic and the characters are very well written.

I was readying myself for Flynn's story to be all about the 101 women he planned to sleep with and dump after one night because that's the idea that has been planted throughout the past stories about fire fae. They're promiscuous and don't bond, no exceptions. Flynn was the most emotionally vulnerable of the fae princes presented so far and it was so sweet to see him like that. Due to happenings in his past, he doesn't believe he deserves anything good much less a soul bond. Watching him go through doubting himself and eventually learning to trust in himself was awesome! 

I was also expecting Callie to be this shy woman next to Flynn and she was also the complete opposite. She's very headstrong in the relationship and it contrasts well with how flighty Flynn naturally is in the same situation. I loved how she already knew about who she was to a very small degree. I liked that she didn't have to have a freakout moment when magic was finally brought up. Though I still find her trust in long lost relatives was very idiotic on her part. Her mom did what she did for a reason, so let's think twice about going back to the people she ran away from in the first place.

I was expecting things to go very well in the end and even though they did the route that was taken was not what I was expecting. It was fantastic seeing Flynn coming into his own. I'm so interested in Ian's story now! I hope his mate will be a dragon because I'm also very fascinated about them in the world this author created.

My Favorite Quotes:


"But if there's anything I know, it's that temporary joy is better than no joy at all."

"[...] I was taught that was all have value in our own ways."


"This is about you needing to decide that you're finally good enough."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...