If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 30, 2019

Audio Book Review: Raised in Fire By K. F. Breene

Raised in Fire
(Fire and Ice Trilogy #2)
By K.F. Breene

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 9 hours and 33 minutes
It is a common truth in my life that when it rains, it pours.

The killings that once plagued New Orleans are cropping up again in Seattle. The local office is stumped. I’m called out to lend a fresh set of eyes, and my unique magical touch.

It’s only when I get there that I realize the Seattle office isn’t stumped at all.

They’re being silenced by the Mages’ Guild, a corrupt magical institution that doesn't want word to get out of what is plaguing the city. Worse, news of my magic might’ve slipped down to the underworld, hitting the ears of some extremely powerful demons.

What I thought was a routine murder investigation turns into a fight for my life. With the help of Darius, my stalker elder vampire, and my dual-mage side kicks, I somehow have to dodge the Guild in order to stop one of the most powerful demons I’ve ever encountered. If I don’t? It’ll escape back down below with proof of what I really am.

My life hangs in the balance, and this time, I can't see a way out.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:


I wasn't expecting much from this book, yet it still managed to kind of bore me. The first 4 hours or so of this novel almost had me DNFing it. I'm glad I pushed through but I'm not sure I care enough about the characters to move onto the third and last book of this trilogy.

Reagan was only okay this time around. I still find myself liking her sense of humor but it's too played up and in your face. It's like she's waiting for a camera close up after a punchline in a sitcom so she can wink and the audience can laugh. She was as kick*ss as ever in this novel which is what keeps the story trudging along.

Darius is getting creepier and creepier with every novel that's gone by. He inserted himself in Reagan's life without her consent and even after she's told him to stop he's still in the same exact place. He a master at building these very perilous circumstances to pressure her into giving in to him or something bad with happen to both of them by external forces. He still rubs me the wrong way and I can't really defend him at this point.

The epilogue was eye-opening and intriguing but, like I've mentioned, I don't know if I'm invested enough in everything to pick up the next book. Only time will tell...

The Audio Book:

I adore Nicole Poole's narrations! She has an amazing vocal range for male and female voices with and without accents. 

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this one wasn't great. Hope the next one is better if you continue on!

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens! Not every book is for everyone, but we'll see! I may get desperate for an audio book in the future and end up going back to this series. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...