If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 20, 2019

Audio Book Review: Sin & Chocolate By K. F. Breene

Sin & Chocolate
(Demigod of San Francisco #1)
By K. F. Breene

Length: 9 hours and 56 minutes
Narrator: Khristine Hvam

Some people are ordained for greatness…

Those people usually have a lot of drama in their life. Drama I happily do without. I live in a forgotten corner of nowhere for a reason: there is safety in anonymity. I have enough problems just trying to get by.

But when Kieran, a sinfully sexy demigod at the pinnacle of power, crashes into my life, suddenly my whole world is turned upside down.

He’s harboring a deadly secret, one that could destroy all he holds dear. He thinks I’m the key to his salvation, and he wants me to help him claim vengeance.

He also wants me with a passion that burns my body from the inside out.

To ignore him is impossible, but to give in to my desires, even for a night, would thrust me into danger I might not survive.

Remember what I said about drama? Now I’m in it up to my eyeballs, and I’m not sure if I should run...or fight.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

I've tried and failed to read through quite a few books by this author. The stories and concepts she writes about are amazing but the writing style isn't for me. Her stories tend to be more on the description side with a slow and steady pace to everything. With determination, I overcame that for this story.

The overall story is very interesting! The world the author created feels big and ominous. The stakes feel real enough to drive the characters along without it feeling forced.

I like Alexis' sense of humor. She has the uncanny ability to drive people in circles all the while convincing them they're going in a straight line. Though the swear words disguised as silly phrases didn't really mesh with what was presented. It gets even stranger because her wards swear more than her.

I love to hate Kieran. He's just the right amount of caring and vulnerable to offset how creepy, stalkerish and domineering he can be. There were moments I wanted him to burn in a lake of fire but then he'd say something sweet or *gasp* apologize for something that he did. I just don't know what to think of him at this point in time.

I usually stay away from novels that have kids in them. I consider Malachi and Daisy children regardless of how old they are because they are in the care of Alexis. What ended up surprising me was how much I liked Malachi. I still want to know what ends up happening to him and his situation. Daisy's antics were also fun to listen to. If this series doesn't end up presenting a happily ever after for them I would love to get a spin-off series.

Overall this novel was only the tip of a very slow melting iceberg. There were a few really good moments and a lot of filler (for my taste). I'd like to know what happens next with Alexis and her team of misfits.

The Audio Book:

The narration was good. The voices were different enough for me to follow the dialogue throughout the story and not get lost on who was saying what. I will say that the narration is more on the slow side and even speed up to 1.25x it sounded completely normal.

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Probably not my kind of read haha but it has an awesome title. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...