If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 18, 2018

Audio Book Review: This Side Of The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

This Side Of The Grave
(Night Huntress #5)
By Jeaniene Frost

Narrator: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 9 hours and 57 minutes

Danger waits on both sides of the grave.

With the mysterious disappearance of masterless vampires, a species war is brewing between vampires and ghouls that would kill mortals as collateral damage. Cat and Master vampire lover Crispin "Bones" seek help from dangerous ghoul queen of New Orleans Marie, whose voodoo powers rouse ghosts into unstoppable killers of the undead. The cost may prove more treacherous supernatural war, with repercussions Cat never imagined.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I love this series, but I took too long to listen to this book in tiny increments and it ruined the experience somewhat. For starters, the beginning wasn't memorable. This is the second time I'm reading this novel and yet I don't even have a vague idea of what happened.

Kat and Bones were a kick*ss duo that I love coming back to read about. Their dynamic is very interesting. I loved how they were always there for each other and would accomplish the impossible to help one another.

The Voodoo Queen was an amazing character that I love and hate. She's all-powerful and the such, but deep down she has a moral code that no one will dare ignore because of future possible consequences. She's also very calculating and I loved every minute of her theatrics with Cat.

The ending was bittersweet when the subject is Dawn. He's such a big part of Cat's story, even though it didn't take me by surprise, it was still sad. I like the part he continues to play in Cat's future adventures though.

The Audio Book:

The narration was great, but I'm finding myself sometimes bothered by Bone's voice and other times not. I can't explain why that's happening. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...