If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 10, 2023

Audio Book Review: Tempting Titus By Michelle Dare

Tempting Titus
(Paranormals of Avynwood #6)
By Michelle Dare

Length: 6 hours and 23 minuutes
Narrators: Troy Duran & Sarah L. Colton

Life seemed to be moving in the right direction at last. Then the fires started.

As a wolf shifter with vampire gifted powers, Titus was better equipped to handle emergencies than others. But he wasn’t invincible.

Imogen was a typical senior in high school—except she was a powerful mage hiding in plain sight. When Titus showed up after class to help a pack brother, Imogen’s world was rocked.

Never had she met someone like him.

With the paranormal community under threat, their homes and businesses going up in flames, Imogen wasn’t worried. Too bad her abilities didn’t equal safety.

The magnetism between Titus and Imogen was potent from the start. Both tried to fight it. But fate had a different plan for them—a perilous one.

The world was burning around them. Everyone Titus and Imogen loved was at risk. When the ashes cooled and the dust settled, they would find out if their love survived fate’s test.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

My Review:

I'm pretty sure I went into this book with the wrong expectations because what I actually got compared to what I thought I was getting just rubbed me the wrong way. For example: The age gap. I usually don't mind an age gap of a decade or so, unless one of the parties is barely legal (or has been raised by the hero since they were a kid. That's a different rant for a different book). I fully understand that this is a paranormal story. Therefore the age gap should be fine. BUT the heroine is 18 going on 19 and SO damn innocent and childlike.

Something else that rubbed me the wrong way was how against finding her mate the heroine was. It became this whole thing where her mom had to almost physically drag her or trick her into being in the same room as the hero. After it finally happened, she was in love and happy and blah blah. I think it was more the way it was written that turned me off of this aspect of the story. It was almost like the heroine was throwing a tantrum for the sake of it.

The hero was an okay guy. I didn't love him but I didn't dislike him either. I appreciated his small effort at the beginning of trying not to let anything happen because she was so young compared to him. It's pointed out multiple times in the story that shifter society doesn't really care about the age gaps because it's destiny and mates are their perfect paring and age gaps are only a human construct.

I just wasn't as invested as I should have been in the world the author created to fully enjoy this novel. Some aspects of the world rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't really like any of the characters to make it worth my while. I'd also like to point out that this was also far from adult PNR. At best this is YA PNR targeted at the younger side of that demographic. Had I known that I would not have picked up this novel in the first place.

*PNR: Paranormal Romance
*YA: Young Adult Genre

The Audio Book:

The narration was fine. There were no strange noises in the background and the characters were distinguishable from each other in both narrations. Though I wish this has been dual narrated.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...