If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, July 17, 2023

Audio Book Review: Pestilence By Laura Thalassa

Pestilence
(The Four Horsemen #1)
By Laura Thalassa

Narrator: Susannah Jones
Length: 11 hours and 22 minutes

They came to earth--Pestilence, War, Famine, Death--four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

When Pestilence comes for Sara Burn’s town, one thing is certain: everyone she knows and loves is marked for death. Unless, of course, the angelic-looking horseman is stopped, which is exactly what Sara has in mind when she shoots the unholy beast off his steed.

Too bad no one told her Pestilence can’t be killed.

Now the horseman, very much alive and very pissed off, has taken her prisoner, and he’s eager to make her suffer. Only, the longer she’s with him, the more uncertain she is about his true feelings towards her … and hers towards him.

And now, well, Sara might still be able to save the world, but in order to do so, she'll have to sacrifice her heart in the process.

Goodreads Button
Available At:

* I know the cover I used in this post isn't the cover the latest edition of this novel has. That's because I like it better than the updated cover. This cover is perfect for this novel, I don't understand why they changed it to a cover that resembles an erotica novel but that's only my humble opinion on the latest cover.

My Review:

The moral quandaries embedded in this novel while trying to redeem a villain proved to be very interesting. Though I understand what this novel tried to do it wasn't enough to convince me to put aside my morals. 

The first thing this novel wasn't capable of was making me care about both main characters. I would have loved a lot more character development throughout this novel as well. We're told the most on the surface information about both and that's all we get until the almost very end. By then I don't care enough about them to make a difference in how I experience the story. 

I also would have liked to see more of a story element that wasn't just about the couple and them wandering aimlessly around the world. Halfway through this novel, I would have been happy with a vague story running in the background if I'm being honest. 

As interesting as a book redeeming a villain sounded to me it turns out it's not something I enjoy reading about. I don't think it's the book's fault though. This was something I've seen going around on twitter and wanted to see if it lived up to the expectations I built based on what other people were saying. My final answer is no, it wasn't worth it for me.

The Audio Book:

The narration was fine. The narrator doesn't have a very big range of male voices but it wasn't a problem considering this story revolved the majority of time around the couple.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...