If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 24, 2023

Audio Book Review: Cursed Prince By C. N. Crawford

Cursed Prince
(Night Elves Trilogy #1)
By C. N. Crawford 

Narrator: Amanda Dolan
Length: 7 hours and 49 minutes

My heart hasn't beat in a thousand years. I haven't uttered a word in prison, and the guards keep their distance. If they get too close, they die--until at last, my magic binds my soul to another.

Unfortunately, the person destined to save me is a Night Elf--the enemy of my kind. And yet, when I see her in the cell across from mine, an ember starts to burn in my chest. When we escape together down the palace walls, it’s almost like I can feel again.

As we journey to find the magic that will save us both, attraction simmers between us. But I keep my secrets close. Because if she finds out what I am, she will find a way to kill me--even if it means sacrificing herself to do it.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

My Review:

I don't think this book was for me. I've found that I've had this same problem with the 2 other books I've picked up by this author. I love the concept but I dislike the execution. There's something about the writing style or the pacing that doesn't let me sink into the story and I'm not sure why. This was entertaining enough because I did manage to finish it but it was a long journey to get here especially considering this story had steady but slow pacing.

I liked that Ali wasn't a wilting violet. She went after what she wanted and went to great lengths to accomplish what she had set out to do in the first place risking her life and all. I can recognize and applaud her gumption but that's about as deep as it went.

Marak was in an extraordinarily bad situation that only got worse with all his lies by omission. I wanted to strangle him to make him tell her the truth from the beginning. By the end, his motivations were explained and even though it made sense I still don't really know what to make of him.

This book ends at a natural stopping point in the story and I'm so glad about that. Had this ended at a cliffhanger I would have been so irrationally angry. Overall, I didn't love it but I also didn't hate it. I may or may not give the next book a chance.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...