If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 1, 2023

Book Review: Shadow of the Fae By K.J. Baker

Shadow of the Fae
(Shadow Court #1)
By K.J. Baker

She’s a broke antiques dealer. He’s a Fae king. What could they possibly have in common? Turns out, everything.

I’m used to my life being a mess. After all, I run a failing antiques shop, drink way too much coffee, and suffer from an eighties cartoon addiction. But being confronted by two savage killers who break into my shop in the middle of the night is a new low, even for me.

So when a dark-haired Adonis appears out of nowhere to save my life, things finally take a turn for the better. Or worse. I’m still not sure which. You see, those two savage killers weren’t human. They were Fae, and the man who saved me? He’s one of them too. And now he’s telling me that I might hold the key to stopping a war between my world and theirs.

But that’s not the weirdest thing he’s told me.

He also says I’m his fated mate.

I’m not sure I can resist those smoky good-looks or that sculpted, sexy-as-hell body.

But if we’re gonna do this saving the world thing, I’m sure as hell gonna have to try.

Shadow of the Fae is a fated mates paranormal romance full of sexy Fae males, sizzling magic and searing passion. If you like your romance full of high-octane adventure, danger and spice then grab this book today! High heat level - recommended for over 18s only.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

This was an okay book. The world-building was okay, the characters were okay and the writing was okay. It was a quick read and kept my attention well enough throughout the story.

Asha started out as an interesting and geeky character. Though after she meets Raven she kind of forgets about her life and makes him the center of her universe. I disliked that the author gave away the mates aspect of this novel in her synopsis even though it's a plot point with quite a bit of lead up towards the end of the story.

I wanted to get to know Raven more as a person rather than through Asha's lustful lens. The story was go, go, go so both characters rarely had time to sit down and just get to know each other. Though in Raven's POV chapters we did see a different side to him. I wanted to see that more outwardly even if he's a warrior and all. Warriors can show emotion too, you know?

The ending could be seen coming from chapter 1. I'm not mad at it but I'm also not excited about the predictability of this story. This book didn't wow me and because of that, I won't be picking up any future books in this series.

My Favorite Quotes:

"It's how you believe [the universe was created]. It's the excuse you tell yourself to justify what you've done."

"We came from different worlds, worlds that were about to collide."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...