If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, October 18, 2021

Book Review: City of Thorns By C.N. Crawford

City of Thorns
(The Demon Queen Trials #1)
By C.N. Crawford
I never thought I'd be singing happy birthday to myself in a dungeon. And yet when a sinfully sexy demon crashes happy hour, that's exactly what happens. He’s known as the Lord of Chaos, and he’s mistaken me for my succubus doppelgänger.

Happy birthday to me.

When he tastes my blood, he finally understands I’m mortal. And I realize we have something in common: we both crave revenge. So we make a deal: I can stay in the forbidden city to hunt for my mom's killer. In return, I’ll help him get the vengeance he craves. I just have to pose as a sexy succubus. One problem--he's my number one suspect.

And that’s increasingly hard to remember as he teaches me my role: seduction. With each heated touch I drift further into peril. And if I fall under his seductive spell, death awaits me.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

I've picked up books by this author in the past and for the most part, I was very lukewarm to them. This one, however, was an exception I wasn't expecting it to be! This was SO DAMN good. Succubi and incubi are such interesting creatures. I wish more authors would take a swing at these kinds of creatures more often. Don't get me wrong, I adore vampires and werewolves as much as the next person but a change of scenery is good every once in a while.

Rowan was just spunky and sassy enough to keep my attention. I liked that she didn't take things lying down. Her inquisitiveness was a breath of fresh air when it came to getting some actual answers to some major questions. I suspected the twist that happened involving her but what actually went down in the novel was way better! 

The Lord of Chaos was such an enigmatic character with a great sense of humor. He was detached from reality in just the right amount to not come across unhinged. His sense of humor was incredible. A monster after my own heart if I must say!

I was expecting an interesting and out-of-the-box ending but not what I actually got. It's an amazing feeling when an author outdoes my expectations of a story. The sequel can't come soon enough! I NEED answers to ALL my burning questions! 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...