If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Monthly Recap: August 2021

August!

I finally got my first Pfizer shot! My state is currently sitting at 80% of the total adult population having had their first shot. I'm SO glad that the anti-vax talk, at least, in my state seems to be a smaller percentage than I was expecting. I know it'll still be quite some time before things start going back to a reminiscent of "normal" (whatever that is anymore) but I truly can't wait to put on lipstick and have the world see it. It's the small things that make living worthwhile 😅 (Also be aware that these numbers are for my state in Brazil)

In other news, I read 7 whole books (technically read 4 and listened to 3)! Still great news for me though! I thought I would be able to read 100 books this year again and then things just slowed down. The mood reader™ in me has been rearing her ugly head these last few weeks so it hasn't been an ideal situation. I've settled on rereading old favorites. We'll see how I do by the end of the year.

Until next month!
Happy reading!

Books I Read & Listened
To In August

| eBook | eBook | Audio Book |
  • Claimed By J. R. Ward - I really liked this book but it wasn't what I was expecting to get. When you tell me J. R. Ward is going to be writing about wolves my brain automatically thinks it's going to be a Black Dagger Brotherhood type of series but with wolves instead of or with (?) vampires. So to put it plainly I was expecting a lot more paranormal and a lot less investigative/suspense/whodunit. (My review coming soon!)
  • Fae King's Throne By Layla Harper - For the first time in my life, I unknowingly read the second book in a duology first. *Face Palm* I truly want to throat punch myself. I swear I thought I was reading the first book! (My review coming soon!)
  • Blood Be Damned By Kel Carpenter - I wish I liked this book more. The story was very interesting and the characters are bad*ss. There was such a somber note to everything that I ended up just pushing myself through the story. By the end, my heart wasn't in it at all. (My review coming soon!)

| eBook | Audio BookAudio Book |
  • Throne of Stars and Cinders By Leeann M. Shane - This series has such an interesting story! The worldbuilding with every novel is more and more believable. I love how smooth the transitions are between one event to the other. Though be warned that the writing style is on the more descriptive side. (My review coming soon!)
  • Once Burned By Jeaniene Frost - My third reread is in the books! 😂 I had NOTHING to read (looks away from my TBR pile of 190+ books) so I decided to reread. I'm totally not feeling guilty or overwhelmed by the amount of I books I want to read but have no motivation to thanks to the mood I'm in. Being a Mood Reader™ has proved to be very counterproductive to reading new books lately 😅 (My review is live here!)
  • Twice Tempted By Jeaniene Frost - My third reread of this book is in! There's something about this series and this author that just keeps me coming back for more! I'm still at that stage where I want to like Vlad but he's making it rather hard for me to justify his actions. I just love the world the author created and I can't wait for her to keep on adding books to the Night Huntress universe ♡ (My review is live here!)

| eBook |
  • City Of Thorns By C. N. Crawford - This was SO DAMN good. Succubi and incubi are such interesting creatures. I wish more authors would take a swing at these kinds of creatures more often. (My review coming soon!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In September

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.
Here's What Happened On
This Blog In July


I reviewed the following books & audiobooks:

And Book Looks are BACK! Check them out:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!
Mikky Sig 2

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the one and only crystal druid either, Mikky. Don't stress about mood reading - we read what our soul needs. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette Marie hasn't disappointed me yet!
      That's a fantastic way to look at it ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...