If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 23, 2021

Book Review: Lover Unveiled By J.R. Ward

Lover Unveiled
(Black Dagger Brotherhood #19)
By J.R. Ward

Meet Sahvage: a powerful MMA fighter with a buried secret that could change the world of Caldwell forever...

Sahvage has been living under the radar for centuries-and he has every intention of staying 'dead and buried.' But when a civilian female sucks him into her dangerous battle with an evil as ancient as time, his protective side overrides his common sense.

Mae has lost everything, and desperation sets her on a collision course with fate. Determined to reverse a tragedy, she goes where mortals should fear to tread- and comes face to face with the Brotherhood's new enemy. She also discovers a love she never expected to find with Sahvage, but there can be no future for them.

Knowing they will part, the two band together to fight against what Mae unknowingly unleashed- as the Brotherhood closes in to reclaim one of their damned, and the evil vows to destroy them all...
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

I went into this book with an open mind and an open heart. I can't say that I loved what I got though. It was an overall okay book. The story, or should I say stories due to the multiple POV's present, were all very interesting and engaging. What soured the whole thing for me, you ask? Mae. 

I just didn't like Mae. I can understand and empathize with her (to a degree) wanting/needing to do what she set out to do BUT when it starts to put your life in danger that's went it needs to stop. She was willing to go to extreme lengths for a BIG maybe. It took her realizing that what she had with Sahvage was special for her to put a stop to it. By then it was almost too late. I humored her for the first half of the novel but I was looking forward to when she was going to drop it. 

Sahvage was a standup guy (apart from all the killing he's done in the past centuries (?) he's been alive .... 😅) with a big heart. In my humble opinion, he deserved better than Mae. I'm very interested in how he figures into the next big bad take-down. It's probably quite a ways off but I have a feeling that he's going to play quite a part in that finale when it finally comes down to it. 

The ending was quite nice, dare I say sweet! I liked that Sahavge got reunited with someone very special to him. On a completely different note, from what happened it seems that the big-bad will go into hibernation for a while and come back swinging. I'm very excited to see what she has up her sleeves for next time. She's proved that she's a smart cookie time and again.

My Favorite Quotes:

"The heart of another is never ours to demand if it is not freely given."

"You make peace with your circumstance, or you destroy yourself from the inside out."

"True love does not require your acknowledgment to be a force in this world."

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Great review Mikky. It's so disappointing when a female protagonist doesn't live up to our expectations. I've come across a few of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh! Tell me about it! I wanted to like this so much more 😭

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...