If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 23, 2023

Audio Book Review: The Difference By Kaylee Ryan

The Difference
By Kaylee Ryan

Narrated By: Callie Dalton & Teddy Hamilton
Length: 6 hours and 24 minutes

I’ve kissed a lot of frogs, just to be covered in warts. I’ve been lied to, cheated on, and used more times than I can count. I don’t have it in me to keep going. I need a break from it all. I need time for the wounds to heal, and the scars to fade.

Wouldn’t you know it’s my luck, to meet a gorgeous man, after declaring my self-imposed break? He’s charming, sexy, and determined to change my mind.

I wasn’t looking for her, but when I overheard her conversation, I had to add my two cents. Within minutes of talking to her, I knew she was unlike anyone I’d ever met. Bruised from past relationships, she’s built a fort around her heart. Doesn’t she know the prince always rescues the princess?

I think about her all the time. The more I’m around her, the more I want to be. I’ve made my choice. It’s her. Now, all I have to do is prove to her that I’m the difference.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

It's been a LONG time since I disliked a book as much as I disliked this one and one stared it! I would rather not be in this situation but here we are. I don't know what I just read because it didn't have a storyline. It was just the events of the couples getting together with a lot of trust issues and a conflict that resolved within a chapter. If that sounds like a good contemporary romance to you this will be your next favorite book.

Addyson was way too woe-is-me and it was pathetic and annoying. Everyone knows that dating and putting yourself out there is hard. We also know that we're bound to catch more sh*tbags than good people. It's part of being human. Trust issues are also part of that but making this poor guy wear her down to possibly have a relationship with her was uninteresting. My biggest problem, you ask? Well, that was 80% of the story. With no other significant storyline or conflict that was big enough to constitute a plot.

Lucas was a saint. I mean literally a saint. He could do no wrong. He was too everything: too nice, too understanding, too open, too emotionally available. As unrealistic as he was, living with someone like that would drive me up a wall. It would constantly remind me of what I'm not. That's a no thanks from me, dog.

The ending was nice and boring. They get along with everyone's family so well and things move forward at a fast pace and a happily ever after ensues. I don't know what all the 5 stared reviews saw in this novel but it looks like it wasn't for me.

The Audio Book:

Both of the narrations were great! Both had enough of a range in tones and accents to carry the story, especially considering how little interaction the characters have with other characters that aren't their BFFs and their boyfriends.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...