If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 16, 2023

Audio Book Review: Revolution By Randi Cooley Wilson

Revolution
(Revelation #4)
By Randi Cooley Wilson

Narrator: Jorjeana Marie
Length: 9 hours and 2 minutes

A King Rises
A Fate Seals
Realms Fall

Eve Collins has set in motion a chain of events that could destroy everything she’s ever loved. Surrounded by dangerous creatures, dark worlds, and the struggle to become who she was meant to be, Eve must complete her ascension and accept her destiny.

War has begun. Losing is not an option. With dangers lurking around each corner, and everything against her, will Eve sacrifice her own happiness in order to tip the scale of balance? Which side will rise to power, and which fall to fate?

In this fourth installment in The Revelation Series, Eve must risk everything she loves in order to prevent a centuries old war.

Everything comes with a sacrifice, even love.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Ok, so I lied in my last review. I didn't end up waiting a few months to start this book. It was more like a day at the most. I'm still very frustrated and angry with these characters and the overall story and yet here I am having finished book #4. When will I learn?

Gage is by far the most interesting and entertaining character in this whole series. I was iffy about him at first but now I would almost prefer to read everything from his point of view because he's at least straightforward with the truth and important information.

Asher seems to be evolving as a person throughout this book in particular. He's working on trusting Eve more and working on their relationship being two-sided instead of him demanding answers. He's not my favorite but he's at least getting better, overall... I think?

Eve is a bore. She never knows anything. No one ever tells her anything without being forced to. She gets in trouble for doing things because no one bothered to inform her of the dangers. My problem with her isn't her, it's the people who are meant to protect her and still won't tell her anything. She also kept a secret this whole book and it was damned annoying. Just tell me already! It's not like I can tell anyone what it is. I've said it before and I'll say it again keeping a plot moving based on keeping the main character in the dark does not a good story make.

I've gotten used to the big cliffhangers these books end on and I'm still not a fan. Though it wasn't the cliffhanger I was expecting, it was still a cliffhanger. This novel got a 3-star rating instead of a 2-star rating because Gage was so entertaining throughout the novel.

The Audio Book:

The narrations for this series are great! My problem has always been with the story and the way the author chose to write the characters. All the character voices are distinguishable and there are no random noises in the background.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...