If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 26, 2022

Audio Book Review: Redemption By Randi Cooley Wilson

Redemption
(The Revelation #3)
By Randi Cooley Wilson

Narrator: Jorjeana Marie
Length: 8 hours and 49 minutes

A LOVE RETURNS.
A LOYALTY IS BROKEN.
AND WAR BEGINS.

For Eve Collins, darkness has descended after her love vanished into the night sky. A new protector has been appointed, one who challenges everything she’s believed to be true.

In this third installment of The Revelation Series, Eve will become aware of dangers and worlds that exist only in her nightmares, and bloodline secrets that will trigger a centuries old war.

You can escape anything, except your destiny.

Readers captivated by Revelation and Restraint will become enthralled with Redemption.

*Mature Young Adult/New Adult Paranormal Romance*
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

*Be warned this "review" turned more into a rant about my frustration with this series as a whole.

Am I even reading the same book that everyone else has read? I'm truly starting to question my sanity at this point with all the glowing reviews this series has. The only thing keeping me in these books is the world-building. Every other aspect of these stories is frustrating to a degree that has become uncomfortable. 

The worst part is this family that has been charged to protect Eve and do everything backwards. They don't tell her the intricacies of their world and keep even the most basic things a secret for no apparent reason. Then they get angry with her when she asks a (what they consider to be) dumb question or when she does something reckless because she doesn't know the danger she's in because NO ONE BOTHERED TO KEEP HER INFORMED. Having the whole story relay on keeping the heroine in the dark while sometimes sprinkling tidbits of relevant information here and there is a copout in my book. Can you tell how much this story and these characters frustrate me yet?

Truth be told, I actually took a few months break between reading book #2 and #3 of this series so I'm not as fed up with Asher and Gage as I probably would've been had I gone straight into this novel when I finished #2. I don't feel strongly enough (anymore) about either one of them. Though I'm partial to Gage considering he actually gave her a lot of very important and relevant information during his few days stay with Eve. 

The only thing I can think of of the ending is: #%$&^**&!!!!!. My theory is that Eve didn't have to do whatever it is she planned and went through with in the first place if only someone from Asher's forsaken family had informed her of what the HECK was going on. Keeping the heroine in the dark is fun and mysterious for a book maybe a book and a half but stretching it out to 3 is pushing it way too far. I think I'll have to take another few months between this book and the next to calm myself down and forget about what idiots these characters are.

P.S. Had Gage not given Eve relevant information this book would have gotten 2 stars from me.

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! I had no issues with Jorjeana Marie's voice. All the characters are distinguishable from each other and there were no random background noises present in the audio recording.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...