If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, January 2, 2023

Book Review: Hard Justice By Sybil Bartel

Hard Justice
(Alpha Antihero #2)
By Sybil Bartel 



One second.

That's all I needed.

My gun in my hand and my finger on the trigger.

Hatred ran though my veins and the taste of revenge in my mouth had a name—justice. That bitch was going to be mine. Except I was kidding myself if I thought one more shot would change a damn thing. My life was already worthless, and my future was dead. I'd destroyed everything.

But then I heard her voice, angel soft and breathless, and history repeated itself. My heart stopped. Except this time, reality twisted on its axis and I was staring at the impossible. I didn't even blink.

I pulled the trigger.

*HARD JUSTICE is the second book in the Alpha Antihero Series.

The Alpha Antihero Series

HARD LIMIT
HARD JUSTICE
HARD SIN
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This was one of those books that I was gearing up to not finish even though I had only a handful of chapters left. Something about this book felt off and I'm can't put my finger on it. Towards the end, things were moving towards hopeful but I was already dreading what the author had in store for Candle and I can't say I liked it.

The heroine Shaila wasn't my favorite this time around. She seemed like she had everything planned and ready for her to leave but at the same time she was impulsive and when she got a stupid idea in her thick head no one could get it out. What ended up happening to her shouldn't have even been on the table if she had just listened to reason. 

I can see where Tarquin/Candle became who he became in the Uncompromising Series. It's clear as day now and I kind of feel sorry for him. Though having a crap life and upbringing is no justification for what he ends up doing I understand where he's coming from now. I still dislike him but now I dislike him a little less.

The ending was a shocker. I was anticipating a lot of things happening but not what actually happened. I see how Candle got to where he got and I can't help but want it to all be a ruse. Is it wrong of me to want a happy ending for the bad guy who all of a sudden became the victim? 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...