If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, February 20, 2023

Audio Book Review: Shadow's Kiss By T. M. Hart

Goodreads Button
Shadow's Kiss
(Shadow #1)
By T. M. Hart

Narrator: Elizabeth Jamo
Length: 8 hours and 19 minutes

A violent storm. Unending night . . . Violet Archer is running through the darkness, for her very life.

A single spark blazes, calling to her. It is her chance at salvation. It is a connection beyond any she could have ever imagined. And it leads her to a lonely cabin in the woods.

But when Violet wakes, she has no memory of how she got there. She is disturbingly ill. And a chilling evil creeps through her veins. Worse still, her host, the tall and powerful Elijah Stone, is intent on killing her. Yet a cataclysmic bond, neither can deny, stays Elijah’s hand.

Radiants, immortals of the Light, have been warring with their enemies, the Shadows, for millennia. Now, twisted together by fate, the two adversaries must embark on a journey. One on which their very lives depend. Unfortunately for Violet, she does not know who she can trust, especially when it comes to her guide, Elijah.

But it turns out that Violet and Elijah are not alone on their quest. They soon realize they are being hunted along the way. It seems Violet has a dark debt to settle.

And someone very dark, indeed, is about to collect his due.
Available At:

My Review:

Thanks to this book I finally remember why I dislike the amnesia trope so much. I'll never say never because there are probably quite a few books out there that would make me love this trope. This book was not it, however. This book falls into the most infuriating amnesia trope, which is everyone knows everything but refuses to tell the main character anything.

Violet came off as a ditzy and dense character because she didn't know what the heck she was doing in the first place due to everyone not telling her anything. Having the story told from her point of view was frustrating and annoying. Also with all the lust that was swimming around in her head, I felt like I was going to drown in it at some point. I would rather have information so the story can finally start becoming interesting and not filler lusty moments that did nothing for the overall story.

Elijah was an icky character to me. He hated her but their mythology (which was vaguely explained at best) makes her his mate which he then proceeds to lust after while still hating her/what she is. His hot and cold thing was annoying. I would think that over the course of a couple days he would have come to terms with it, but nope! I disliked how he treated her and talked down to her instead of explaining their world to someone who doesn't have a clue what she is or where she's at.

With how secretive everyone was being I vaguely contemplated the idea that she was actually in enemy hands in a way and I think I was pretty darn close with my guess. I'll never know for sure because I don't intend on continuing on with this series. Overall, this story was a much bigger hassle than it was enjoyable. 

The Audio Book:

The narrator left a little to be desired. My main problem was with the accents mentioned (brazilian portuguese and haitian). The narrator tried her best but it got her nowhere and sounded nothing like the actual accents. I would have preferred it if she hadn't even mentioned the accents and just read it in her own accent.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...