If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, December 28, 2020

Audio Book Review: The Vow By Dannika Dark

The Vow
(Black Arrowhead #1)
By Dannika Dark

Melody is an ambitious entrepreneur who has always loved the thrill of a new adventure, but she’s about to get more than she bargained for when the only way to save her business is to secure a deal with a powerful tribal leader. Running Horse, Oklahoma, isn’t on the map, and Mel is about as lost as a Shifter can get. When she unexpectedly runs into her best friend’s brother, her friendly visit quickly turns treacherous.

Lakota Cross is a man with secrets. While tracking a killer, he reunites with Melody, and their friendship sparks into a passionate affair. But if he doesn’t quell the fire soon, it might burn out of control.

Once again, fate brings these two Shifters together in a moment of need. But will the sacrifice be greater than the reward?

Curl up with an exciting new tale of love and magic by Dannika Dark!
Goodreads Button
Available At:
Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

In case you didn't know..... 

"The Vow" follows characters from the "Seven" series. It be read as a stand-alone. However, if you want to get to know the character's backstory/origins, you'll want to read and/or listen to the Seven Series before you read this novel!




Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

Reread October 2021 - I reread this so I could get the most out of book #2! It turns out I was very excited for a series revolving around Lakota that isn't going to happen. He's probably going to be a part of future books in this series but it won't revolve solely around him. This is giving off Seven Series vibes and I'm not mad at it. I'm still very excited for the next book and will be jumping right into it shortly ♡
______________________

We have a Lakota book! Not only ONE book but a SERIES of BOOKS that was coming! Stans We. Have. Succeeded! This book was everything I wanted and imagined for Lakota and SO much more. I'm ecstatic about where this is going and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!

Melody is a sassy, spunky woman who knows what she wants and will be very direct about it. I loved that she could make Lakota blush! It was so sweet and adorable and I just wanted to hug them and protect them from the big bad author who still has a few more books to drag them through.

I was expecting Lakota to be straightforward and speak his mind but not to the degree that actually happened in the book. The book just made that personality trait of his SO much better. I was in tears at one point at the almost end with how much I was laughing! It was amazing. He's also such a good, honorable, and sweet guy but can turn into a killing machine if someone he loves is in danger.

The ending was tear-worthy and so, so, so sweet! I don't know what will happen from here but I'm very excited to be on this journey!

A Note: I want to throw some conspiracy theories out there in regards to where this book may be going. I think that Lakota will end up out of retirement and embroiled in a high-stakes case with the characters in the Crossbreed series. We all know that this author likes to leave little hints and do subtle crossovers within her already complex storylines. My reasoning for this is because she's started this series while still releasing books in the Crossbreed series simultaneously considering her usual MO is to start and finish a series before moving onto a different set of characters in the same world. Please take everything in this paragraph with a big grain of salt!

P.S. Is it just me or is a paranormal romance series set on the tribe members finding their mates sounding better and better? #PrettyPlease

The Audio Book:

Nicole Poole is my favorite narrator of all time! Love, love, love her narrations! Every character was distinguishable from each other. 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...