If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Monthly Recap: November 2020

November!

I'm currently sitting on 99 books read for the year! This is as close as I've gotten to 100 books read in a year since 2009 (which was the only year I've read 100 books ever)! I'm so excited! So because of that, I did a lot of padding. By that I mean I went out of my way to find and read books with a small page count (mainly comics and poetry books).  I'm not ashamed of it at all. 100 books is 100 books. Whether a book is 80 pages long or 660 pages long does not make it count anymore or any less towards my challenge and I'll stand by that statement.

November is the month of "Black Friday" and in Brazil, it's kind of a hit or miss. You'll notice I put it in quotations. That's because it's illegal but rather common (at least in my experience) for stores to hike up their prices a few weeks before and then announce you're getting the item for 50% off. I have gotten some amazing deals on Black Fridays of years past but it's something that I have to legitimately research and stalk in the weeks up to Black Friday.

Also Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is staying safe and in quarantine. The virus will eventually be dealt with but until we get a vaccine let's do our part to help minimize the spread and the number of people who have yet to die because of it. Please wear your mask over your nose and mouth and have patience. I know it's hard but we will get through this together ♡

Books I Read & Listened
To In November

| eARC | eCopy |
  • Candy Hearts By Tommy Siegel - This one was pretty witty and did get a chuckle out of me in a few instances. The jokes were much better this time around as well. (My review is live here!)
| Audio Book | eARCeARC |
  • Mary By Brea Grant - I liked this graphic novel much more than I was expecting! It turned out to be a great story of self-discovery for the heroine. (My review is live here!)
| eBookeARC |
  • Break Your Glass Slippers By Amanda Lovelace - I truly wish I saw what everyone else seems to see/feel when reading a poetry book by this author. This was by no means her worst book but it didn't feel like anything extraordinary. (My review is live here!)
  • An Emotional Menagerie: Feelings from A to Z By The School of Life - This book was SO cute! Where were these kinds of books when I was a kid? I loved the messages behind all the poems. Showing emotion is not a weakness and should not be treated as such. Both boys and girls would benefit from developing emotional intelligence early on. (My review is live here!)

| eBook | eARC | Audio Book |
  • Shadow Of The Fae By Valia Lind - I'm pretty sure my expectations after reading the synopsis got the better of me. This book promised a lot in that synopsis and what I got wasn't what I was expecting therefore I didn't love it. (My review is live here!)

| Audio Book |
  • Release By Aly MartinezThis book is the first book since I listened to The Fault In Our Stars By John Green that made me sob. (My review coming soon!)
Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In December

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

1st

The Vow |
(Audio Book)


18th

Daughter Of Darkness |



27th

Wolf Girl |




Here's What Happened On
This Blog In November

I reviewed the following books & audio books:

And Book Looks are BACK! Check them out:

I rambled on about the following topics:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...