If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, November 30, 2020

Book Review: Dangerous Liaisons By J.C. McKenzie

Dangerous Liaisons
(Obsidian Flame #2)
By J.C. McKenzie

Dragon shifter in hiding, Lara Stone wants nothing to do with Rafael Dragoi, no matter how good he looks in and out of a suit. She plans to make enough money to disappear. Vicious attacks on dragons have increased and if Lara’s exposed as a lone shifter, she might become the next target. Her brain tells her to run, fast, but her heart tells her to melt in the heat of Raf’s gaze.

Dragon leader, Rafael Dragoi wants to protect his clan and find his mate who legends claim will break the curse looming over his family for generations. He should focus on destroying his enemies and finding his match, but he can’t get sassy Lara Stone out of his mind. Logic says he should let her run, for her safety and his sanity. Yet a chance meeting has him hooked on the scent of her skin all over again.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

This is turning into a really awesome series! There's something about the writing style that captures me and I love it! I'm enjoying the universe the author is building and expanding on with every novel.

Lara and her dragon were just as thirsty as ever and so hilarious! I actually ended up liking that she didn't accept the bond so early on though I still think it was a bad move keeping it from Raf since it concerned him too but that's just me.

Raf was an interesting character, to say the least. I liked him overall, but I hated how he kept so much pertinent information from Lara. She was putting her life on the line to protect him while, in essence, walking in the dark with a blindfold on thanks to him. 

The ending was technically an ending but so much was still left unanswered. I liked that Lara and Raf finally got together though. I'm disappointed to have learned that the next book in the series will have a different couple as the stars and I don't know how to feel about that. I'll probably give it a try and see how that goes.

My Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...