If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 22, 2020

Audio Book Review: Sin & Spirit By K.F. Breene

Sin & Spirit
(Demigod of San Francisco #4)
By K.F. Breene

Narrator: Khristine Hvam
Length: 9 hours and 5 minutes

Kieran has stepped up to take his place as the ruler of magical San Francisco. As his girlfriend, that unfortunately means I'm under the magnifying glass. Everything I do is noticed, from how I act to how I style my hair. Most notably, of course, is how little I know about my magic.

The Hades Demigods want me on their team, and they don’t plan to ask nicely. Kieran and I are both under fire. They will kill him to get to me, and they'll take me by force if necessary. It is essential I learn more of my magic.

With no other options, I do what scares me the most - I summon the last Spirit Walker to help train me. Except, he's a loose cannon with looser morals and learning spirit is treacherous. I might evade the Demigods only to be lost in spirit forever.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

I'm yet again feeling pretty lukewarm about another book in this series. It was in no way a bad book but it didn't blow me or the story out of the water either. There were some very interesting and heartbreaking parts but those scenes didn't continue on in the rest of the novel.

Lexi was an okay character. I like how her powers are evolving and how they're shaping the story but I dislike how easy it comes to her. There are moments where we see her struggle but that's only the first time she's learning something. After that, she's a pro.

Kieran is proving to be a much more fascinating character than Lexi. He trusts her with his life now. He wants them fighting side by side as equals and I love it! He's supportive and patient with her and she with him. Their relationship is great if you don't consider the people who want Kieran dead on a typical day.

Daisy and Mordecai stole the show if I'm being honest! They are such fierce fighters with sassy remarks. They were the entertainment for this novel. The kids and the Six's were great, though I can't tell the Six's apart. I'm crossing my fingers for a spin-off series with one of these two as the main character.

The ending was expected to a certain degree. I didn't think Kieran would go nuclear because I'm guessing he wants to be alive and have a life with Lexi and the kids in the years to come. I'm guessing things are going to snowball in the next book and end with a bang on the sixth book. I'll probably pick up the next book because I'm curious enough to want to know what happens next.

The Audio Book:

The narration was great! Most of the characters were discernable from each other and there were no background noises present in the recording.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...