If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 6, 2020

Audio Book Review: Druid Vices And A Vodka By Annette Marie

Druid Vices And A Vodka
(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #6)
By Annette Marie

Narrator: Cris Dukehart
Length: 9 hours and 15 minutes

I've said it before, but sometimes I'm a bad person. I cheated on my twelfth grade math final, I've run countless yellow lights, and I gossip about how hot my kickass best friends are. (Good thing my job as a guild bartender doesn't require moral perfection.)

But there's bad, and then there's bad. And I'm not sure which applies to a certain dark druid/wanted criminal/reluctant friend of mine. His transgressions include black-magic dealings, kidnapping, and murder, and he's about to add "revenge-fueled killing spree" to his resume—if I don't stop him.

Should I stop him?

He and his nemesis are gearing up to tear each other apart, rogues and vultures are converging with their sights on the spoils, and the guilds that would normally stomp them into the ground are under attack. We're on the brink of an all-out criminal turf war, and my time to decide is almost up.

Who's the real bad guy ... and do I dare stand in his way?
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

My heart can't take this kind of torture any longer! The Druid storyline was fun and rocky and all but I need a solution for Erza! At this point, I'm also not above begging. 

Tori was still her sassy and loyal self in this novel. There were quite a few things she lost along the way though. Some were replaceable, others not. Some people proved that they never deserved her loyalty and friendship in the first place (to them I say good riddance because I was never a fan). Things were finally moving forward with Erza and then this background plot point rears its ugly head. My heart hurts for him.

The guys were awesome though it seemed like everyone had a big problem of their own to deal with in this particular book. Everyone came together at the end to help deal with the big bad. Their problems still persisted in the background though and we only have two more books to solve them all.

The ending was what broke my heart. There needs to be a solution to Erza's problem. He's too precious and has lived too hard of a life to just have things end here. Can you tell I am and have always been Team Erza yet? 

Dear Annette Marie, please save Erza. 

The Audio Book:

The narration was great as always. The characters were all discernable and there was no background noise present throughout the audio book.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Oh now I definitely have to get my finger out and download the rest of the series! Thanks for reminding me how much I LOVED the first two books, Mikky. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! This book in particular has proven to be heartbreaking! I need to share my pain with someone ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...