If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 13, 2020

Book Review: Forbidden Storm By A. R. Vagnetti

Forbidden Storm
(Storm #2)
By A. R. Vagnetti

A paranormal romance about forbidden love and the lengths one vampire takes to protect her secrets.

Lucretia Bramen overcame a sordid and violent history to become the first female Guardian, but when old enemies threaten to expose her most intimate secrets, Lu faces the biggest choice of her life; reveal her past betrayal and risk execution, or turn her back on a forbidden love offering everything she desires.

Kurtis Ruse's burdens weigh heavy on his immense shoulders; deliver peace to his people, manage his dojo among the humans, control his inner beast in order to uncover his mate’s treacherous mysteries. Kurtis fears circumstances will force him to choose between the enigmatic vampire who captured his heart, and the only woman he trusts above all others.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
(The release of this book has been pushed back due to the quarantine.
This post will be updated with links as they become available in the future!)
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* I received an eARC of this book from the author via Booksprout.

I was so excited for this book in this series! I had my fingers crossed for Kurtis's story in the last book and here we are. The world-building continues to be amazing and intricate. The secondary characters are complex and dynamic beings helping to move the plot farther along.

My one dislike of this book was Lucretia. She came off as a mysterious and intriguing being at the beginning, which was interesting to see. My problem was with her indecision towards Kurtis. I understand her reasoning behind her secrets and the actions she took to keep them safe but I couldn't stand the hot-and-cold dynamic she had with Kurtis after the halfway point in the story. She was a very prominent source of frustration for me in this book.

Kurtis was an overall great guy! He went after what he wanted but he does make mistakes along the way. He's far from perfect but he's somehow perfect for Lu. Had she trusted him from the beginning it would have been much better and less stressful on everyone.

The BDSM aspect of this book made me skim throughout their duration. It's not something that I look for in the books I read and even though the story was great I would have preferred to have had less of those moments present. That's just a personal take and it didn't influence the final rating of this book.

I was hoping things would work out in the end for Lu and Kurtis but I didn't foresee what actually happened. It was heartbreaking in a way for Lu but it also made a future for her possible. I'm glad they worked everything out. Now I'm curious about Vienna's story!

My Favorite Quotes:

"[...] Easier stated than achieved."

"How does one let go of all they believe?"


"I've learned something over the years; even good people to bad things for righteous reasons."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...