If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Things That Make Me
Pick Up a Book

1. Well designed cover. Always.

2. A synopsis that pulls me in just enough to get me interested but, in no way, tells me the whole story in summary form while outlining all the twists.

3. Reviews from bloggers that I follow have been known to fast track a book to the top of my TBR list.

4.  An author I'm accustomed to following recommending a book. Even better if it's in the genre they write in and can say that X book blew them out of the water.

5. Peer pressure has also been known to have an effect. Mostly in the form of me seeing a book repeatedly at the top of my feed because it's an ad that just won't go away. It'll eventually create enough intrigue in me (out of annoyance) and make me click on it and see what it's about.

What makes you want to pick up a book?
Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I 100% agree about the synopsis - I hate blurbs that don't tell me anything, because I have no idea if I'll like it, but I don't want an essay about the protagonist's grandmother's maiden name, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Since when is the protagonist's grandmother's maiden name relevant to any story LOL! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, reviews are so freaking important.

    My <a href="http://www.lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-things-that-make-me-pick-up-a-book/“>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like such an elitist when I say it out loud, but I know I pass over books with terrible covers. I don't even take a closer look, because the cover has repelled me. I really need some strong recommendations to get past a poorly designed cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100%! Good covers will make me pick up a bad book. I'm speaking from experience. I've been burned by so many pretty covers :)

      Delete
  4. A synopsis can give so much away- you're right there's a fine line. And I LOVE a good cover. I get reeled in by covers all the time!

    Blogger recommendations- yup totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! A synopsis must walk a fine line. Good covers are a must :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...