If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Five Bookish Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Five Bookish Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In

* Covers linked to my review.


1. Wicked Trilogy By Jennifer Armentrout

The world Jennifer created is scary because a murderous Fae could jump out and hurt you at any point after nightfall. Though it's reminiscent of muggings in our world, I'd rather not add a paranormal element to the mix. I'm also not skilled in any combat so I'd be dead the first time this happens to me.



2. The Veil Series By Pippa DaCosta

As much as I adore Boston, I don't want to live in a world where demons run rampant and only a handful of people can and are willing to do something about it. As amazing as the books are I don't want that world actually playing out.


3. Mercy Thompson Series By Patricia Briggs

The idea of having so many paranormal creatures existing and not killing the humans and the planet is pretty unrealistic. I'd rather not have deal with all the fanatics being against everything that isn't exactly like them. Seems reminiscent of the real world when I put it like that...


4. Isolation Trilogy By Taylor Brooke

A world where humanoid robots are possible is a very scary world to live in. As interesting of a story as this subject makes, I still hope science is a long ways away from making it a reality.



5. Steel & Stone Series By Annette Marie

The world is falling apart because daemons are running rampant and a few want to dominate the world. It's way too much of a nightmare to live in a world like that.


What bookish world do you never want to live in?
Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with any of these worlds, but I generally find SFF worlds a little unsettling. There are the paranormal creatures you mentioned, but also if it's me, a human in their world, I feel like I would have to fear not knowing all the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rule following aspect would be rather difficult if you didn't even know they existed in the first place. As much as I love reading PNR, UF and SFF I don't ever want those worlds to become a reality. I'm not skilled in combat, I'd probably get killed by a freak accident because I'd be in the wrong place at the wrong time :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these but they definitely don't sound like worlds I ACTUALLY want to live in! Read about? Yes! lol

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Reading about them is awesome, but actually living in that world is a nightmare :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...