If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 28, 2018

Audio Book Review: Fire Touched By Patricia Briggs

Fire Touched
(Mercy Thompson #9)
By Patricia Briggs

Length: 10 hours and 7 minutes
Narrator: Lorelei King
Mercy Thompson has been hailed as “a heroine who continues to grow and yet always remains true to herself.”* Now she’s back, and she’ll soon discover that when the fae stalk the human world, it’s the children who suffer...

Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | Kobo | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review: 

I'm surprised at how long this series has been around. It still manages to keep people interested and that speaks for the quality of the stories the author comes up with. Every book is a different adventure and adds to what happened in the last novel.

Mercy is as kick*ss as ever. She stands up for herself and doesn't take crap from anyone. It's refreshing to read about when I consider the last few books I've read. I also adore her sense of humor, which is showcased at its best at the beginning of the kitchen scene.

I love her relationship with Adam. Though I don't necessarily love Adam himself. I love the level of respect and harmony there is in the relationship. Adam is a very interesting character and, when needed, can put everyone in their place. I like what he represents, but (from the little I remember from the first few books in the series) I was Team Samuel. I don't remember my reasoning behind my decision (because it's been soo long since I've started this series), so your guess is as good as mine.

This adventure was entertaining. I especially loved the car scene with Mercy and the female Fae (whose name escapes me right now). It was very interesting seeing that side of Mercy. It also had me hooked for a separate story for the female Fae and her vampire. The witch (whose name is in a different language so I haven't the slightest idea on how to spell it) was an interesting character with all her premonitions that weren't officially premonitions and her silly one-liners.

The Audio Book:

The narration was good and I could tell every character apart throughout the audio book.

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...