If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Book Review: Wild Card By Rachel Vincent

Wild Card
(Wildcats #3)
By Rachel Vincent

Kaci Dillon is a man-eater.

She’s grown up on the fringes of shifter society, hearing the whispers. One desperate act as a starving, terrified child has made her the first tabby in history with no romantic prospects. But whatever. Eighteen is too young to get married anyway. Still, when she stumbles upon an opportunity to get away for a few days, who could blame her for seizing it?

Justus Alexander is screwed.

Confined to the South-Central territory, awaiting trial for crimes he committed as a traumatized, newly infected stray, Justus has discovered that the tribunal already intends to vote for the death penalty. He has no choice but to run. Too young to touch the trust fund that could finance his escape, he’s betting on a big win at the poker tables—until Kaci, his secret crush, catches him sneaking out and demands that he take her with him to Las Vegas

After a wild night she can’t remember, Kaci wakes up with a ring on her finger, next to a young billionaire who can’t access his fortune until he turns twenty-five—or ties the knot. If she can keep her hands off her hot, charismatic new groom, she can have their unconsummated marriage annulled. But can she really abandon Justus to his death sentence, just to undo her own mistake?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This was the story I never knew I wanted, but I'm so glad to have! I love the Shifters series and this spin-off series has been a dream come true! The universe the author created is incredible and complex. I want to get to know the intricacies of it all. The characters are also so fun to get to know.

I didn't remember Kaci from the Shifters series because of how much time has passed since I read those books. Though I am very impressed with how she turned out and how overprotective Marc is over her. Her reality was somewhat sad and dull. It was clear no toms wanted her. She took the first opportunity she had to do something drastic and I love her for it.

I mentioned in my review of the second book in this series that I wanted a happy ending for Justus and I got it! I was so excited when I realized this was also his story! I like how he was patient, caring and adventurous. He would do any and everything in his power to help Kaci and he's proved it a time or two already.

For the next few books in this series, I'd like to see more of Titus's pack (Mississippi Valley Pack). I'd love it if a few of his enforcers/people could fall in love with a tabby or human. I love the world this author created and I want to continue reading more about it!

My Favorite Quotes:

"Sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes home isn't where you always thought it would be."

"Having something and losing it is worse than never having it in the first place."

"She's not traumatized. She's...scarred. Healed. She's strong, and she's smart."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...