If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Book Review: Seizing Control By Kylie Hillman

Seizing Control
(Black Shamrocks MC #1)
By Kylie Hillman

Only daughter of the volatile President of the Black Shamrocks MC and long-suffering sister to four overprotective brothers, Madelaine O'Brien has survived circumstances that would have broken a lesser woman.

Mik 'Mad Dog' Kennedy is her salvation, her reward for continuing to fight, and the matching piece of her soul.

With her life finally happy and on track, will the reappearance of the monster from her past be the event that finally breaks her? Or will he be the catalyst she needs to put it all behind her, once and for all?

They say when life gives you lemons; make lemonade. What happens when life keeps sending you demons who refuse to stay buried? Do you lie down and accept defeat or rise to the seemingly unwinnable challenge, and start SEIZING CONTROL?

DISCLAIMER: Contains graphic situations that may not be suitable for all readers.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

My Review:

When I picked up this novel I was expecting something dark, just not as dark as this started off with. I'll readily admit that I skimmed through the first half of this novel because I just couldn't take it. It was so well written that it was giving me anxiety just thinking of being in that situation.

However, what gave me pause was how incompetent the MC seemed to be at protecting Madelaine and everyone else in her family in the first place. How does a guard go missing and hours after no one has heard from him no one thinks something is wrong? Why not make it clear to the bullheaded heroine that she's in danger once again? Those types of secrets were bound to blow up in everyone's faces.

Madelaine started off as a very strong willed and stubborn character. I started to like her, but after her overreaction to a small mistake Mikhail had made she lost my respect. If it wasn't for the dreaded epilogue Mikhail would still have my respect as well. I can't, for the life of me, understand what the heck he was thinking when he did that.

I didn't understand how Bbrenden had the amount of power that he had. I don't think it's ever said that it was based on money. How did he get another MC to break a four year truce because of a girl and, in theory, more power, and risk 'war'? The ending was a bit of a stretched out miracle, but I was ready for it to be over with by that point.

Overall this was a very well written and anxiety provoking novel. My dislike of both main protagonists made it so I didn't enjoy the novel as much. I may pick up the other novels in this series in the future.

My Favorite Quotes:

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you. - Unknown"

"Should have, could have, would have. They are dangerous thoughts. We are never going to know what might have been."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...