If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Audio Book Review: Twist By Dannika Dark

Twist
(Mageri #2)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 10 hours and 38 minutes

Months after moving to the mysterious city of Cognito, Silver is developing her gifts as a Mage and learning how to live under new laws. She is forced to give up her old life and live in secret among the humans. There is finally hope of leading an ordinary life . . .

Until Logan Cross walks into it.

Their chance meeting leads her close to discovering the identity of the nameless Mage who once stole her light and discovered the unique power she possesses. That knowledge poses an unimaginable threat to Silver, fueling the search to find out who he is before he finds her.

Lives are at stake. Truths are revealed. And an unexpected passion ignites.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)




My Review:

This book felt like a huge filler to me. It's either that or the only way the author found it in herself to introduce Logan Cross as a love interest. The story felt like it went in circles and the ending didn't really leave me satisfied because no one was caught. There were a scene or two that was heartwarming, but that's about it.

Silver seemed so naive, in this novel, to the point that it became a running joke in my head of 'What will Silver do next?'. The whole novel only happened because of her idiotic life threatening mistakes. Had she never opened the door or called to ask her guardian or Simon if she was supposed to be expecting someone, then at most she would have had to get out of there by car and meet up with them.

Logan rubbed me the wrong way from the moment he met Silver. Maybe I hold too tightly onto grudges, but I can't forgive someone for doing what he did in the beginning. I don't care about the extenuating circumstances. You don't do that to anyone, ever. He was sweet and protective, but I'm on team Justus.

I'm starting the think that I'm on the wrong side of this 'possible' love triangle because I ship Silver with Justus. So because of that I despised every moment with Logan. Though both men seem to be polar opposites of each other and I'm guessing that's the appeal. I don't like it in the least.

The ending was one of the few parts of the story that I adored. Her moment with Justus was incredible and I want to get to know him a little bit better. The moment with Finn was also high on my list of enjoyable moments. 

The Audio Book:

The narration was very good. I could distinguish between all the character voices. I have nothing but positive things to say about this audio book.

Update: I reread this novel in July 2018 to see if, with some perspective, my opinion would change and it did somewhat. Looking back I was shipping Justus and Silver so fervently that it got in the way of me seeing how caring Logan was towards Silver. I still don't agree and can't begin to wrap my head around what he did in the beginning, but I can see the appeal it has for the story and character development. I still adore the world-building of this series and how everything feels so real.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...