If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Audio Book Review: Gravity By Dannika Dark

Gravity
(Mageri #4)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 13 hours and 41 minutes

When a choice is made, it will forever alter the course of our destiny. It cannot be undone, for fate is a river changing direction and carving away the bed of our hearts like everlasting fractures.

A difficult past has left Silver broken, but she is learning to trust again through Logan Cross, a Chitah who has convinced her that a dangerous man can change. Their conviction for each other will be put to the ultimate test when an old nemesis reappears and flips her world upside down. Will Logan be able to tame the animal within, or will he succumb to his impulsive nature?

The ongoing investigation into Breed experiments unveils a shocking secret about Silver’s past. Standing at a fork in the road, Silver is forced to make a decision. Each comes with consequence, and there is no turning back.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)




My Review:

This is the first novel in this series that I enjoyed. The first half was h*ll to get through, but it did give me a new respect for Logan. Don't get me wrong, Silver was still annoying and made bad decisions, but it was better than the last three novels.

It feels like the first half of this novel could have been solved through a text message or Silver writing on a piece of paper what was happening and trying to figure it all out with everyone's help. As you'll soon find out everything hit the fan either way in the middle of the novel. It was all very frustrating seeing a way out, but having the character play the long game and suffering for no apparent reason.

Silver seems to be trying the learn from past mistakes, but still finds it in herself to come up with idiotic 'plans' (if you can call spur of the moment ideas a 'plan'). I did find myself rolling my eyes way less times during this book when compared to the last three novels. I can see she's evolving, but we're on the fourth book in the series shouldn't this have already happened by now?

After everything Silver dealt to Logan he's earned my respect. I also commend him for staying with her. He's also managed to get his anger management issues under control in just under half a novel. I like the change, but it didn't feel genuine. It felt like one beautiful day a literal switch just flipped and here's the new and improved Logan. It also seemed as if his domineering and controlling nature had been toned down and I approve.

I LOVED the Justus side story. I wish it had been a bigger part of the novel. No, I take that back. I wish he had his own separate novel/series so we could get to know him a little bit more. His story also seemed rushed, probably due to the fact that it was embedded in Silver's main story.

Overall, this was the best book in this series so far. For the sake of ending the story I will be reading the last book. After the events of this novel, I guess I'm somewhat rooting for Silver and Logan. They just deserve each other by this point.

The Audio Book:

The narration was awesome. I enjoy Nicole Poole's variety in tones and accents. I could tell all character's apart during the narration.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...