If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Audio Book Review: Shine By Dannika Dark

Shine
(Mageri #5)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 14 hours and 7 minutes
Love is infinite. 

Hate is absolute. 

In the short span of a year, Silver has gone from becoming a Mage to discovering the truth about her unique genetics. Logan Cross went from her mortal enemy to her immortal lover, but a threat is fast approaching like an inevitable storm. Attacks are underway against the Mageri and one man is behind it—an elusive foe who is an unstoppable force. Nero is not Silver’s only concern as someone close to her is arrested for treason. In the midst of chaos, Silver discovers she cannot protect everyone from the wrath of fate, including her own Ghuardian.

Justus finally opens his heart, but an unexpected turn of events could darken his soul forever. Secrets are revealed that will leave you reeling from one twist after the next. Would you sacrifice everything for love?

Destiny has set sail and once she alters her course, no one’s life will ever be the same in this explosive conclusion to the Mageri Series.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)




My Review:

I feel numb to this series by this point. I put myself through 5 books (most of them more than ten hours in length) all for that anti-climatic ending. The 'big' villain for most of the books was defeated in the what I consider a half baked miracle. That's my reward? I'd say it's not up to par.

This book had a lot going on with a bunch of (what I'd consider) pointless side stories that I could happily live without. The only side story I've grown to love was the Justus and Paige one. The Adam and Sadie one, in particular, almost made me stop reading because of how insignificant it was to the main plotline in the long run.

Silver was a more enjoyable character in this novel. She seems to have shed most of her impulsiveness and naiveté. What she did for Logan was sweet, but the life and death situation made me roll my eyes so hard. I swear I was going to see my brain at some point (this goes for this series as a whole).

I did warm up to Logan, because his domineering and overbearing nature were at an alltime low for the duration of this novel. That's a huge step to making him seem realistic and I appreciate it very much. There were quite a few sweet moments, but I still would rather never hear from him again.

The ending was very sweet, but it wasn't what I was anticipating. This goes back to the defeat of the villain. I understand that the author wanted to leave loose endings for future stories to develop, but solving the main problem and leaving three and a half hours of story was off putting to me. I'm in the unpopular opinion category when it comes to this series and that still hasn't changed. 

The Audio Book:

The narration, as always, was awesome. Nicole Poole has grown on me for quite some time. I love her variations in tones and accents. I could tell everyone apart very clearly. Her narration didn't take away from the story as a whole.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...