If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Audio Book Review: Glass Houses By Rachel Caine

Glass Houses
(Morganville Vampires #1)
By Rachel Caine

Narrator: Cynthia Holloway
From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood. Will she be able to face the town's terror or will she drown like everyone else?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

This is my first re-read of 2016 and I'm pretty sure that fourteen year old me would be so very proud right now because one of her favorite vampire book series withstood the test of time. I read the first ten books in this series way back when vampires became popular (with the Twilight movies). This series was the second series that I read that revolved around the supernatural and I absolutely adored it.

Despite Claire being as young as she is, she proved to be a very mature person. This time around I was appalled at the level of bullying that she had to endure and how no one could do anything about it unless she sold her soul (I don't mean that literally). I enjoyed her interactions with her roommates and I can't wait to find out what happens next (considering it's been a few years and a couple hundred books, I don't remember very much about what's going to be happening in the next few books). Also, I didn't understand why the grown ups (mostly her parents) were so petulant. I almost seemed like if they didn't get what they wanted that they would thrown a temper tantrum.

I love Shane. I like how attentive and caring he is with everyone he considers his friends. In this first book, there is barely anything there when you consider a relationship between him and Claire, but I know for a fact that it will happen.

What the heck was that ending? What did Shane do by calling his old man into Morganville? That cliffhanger would have been SO annoying, had I been reading this series while a new book was still being released every 6 or so months. How amazing it feels to say that that isn't the case and that I will be continuing on into the next book soon.

The Audio Book:

I enjoyed the overall book as an audiobook, but Shane's voice in particular sounded way too feminine. I also got lost in a few conversations between him and Claire because the overall tone of voice was so similar. That problem wasn't enough for me to stop listening. It's probably just me nitpicking.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...