If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Book Review: Atoning By Kelley Armstrong

Atoning
(Darkness Rising #3.1)
By Kelley Armstrong 

Chloe's POV set after The Darkness Rising trilogy.

Chloe and Derek have adjusted to life in Badger Lake. It’s not perfect, but it’s safe and they’re learning the skills they’ll need when it comes time to make a decision about their futures. They’re comfortable and they’re settled . . . until a weekend camping trip with Maya and Daniel reunites them with someone they thought they’d left in the past. Someone Derek really hoped they’d left in the past, because as much as this former friend might want to atone for past mistakes, she’s nothing but trouble.

This is a Subterranean Press ebook only release, containing 4 original illustrations. Please note that Atoning is a novella, not a full-length novel (it’s about one-third as long as the books).
Available At:
 | Amazon | B&N |

My Review:

I am a pretty big fan of Mrs. Armstrong's Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising series, so when I was browsing through her site and found a link to a free short story that she was currently writing and adding chapters every 15 days I was VERY excited!

This short story combines characters from both her YA series (mentioned above) and it shows how grown up and mature they have become as people. I am also a fan of Chloe ♥ Derek, so I was very happy with how the story turned out. I'm still hoping for another sequel for them. As they say in Brazil, hope is always last to die.

This was a very quick "adventure". It was paced amazingly well and kept me on my toes the whole time (considering I had to wait 15 days for every chapter to release).

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...