If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Audio Book Review: Divergent By Veronica Roth

Divergent
(Divergent #1)
By Veronica Roth

Published: June 4th 2013
Narrator: Emma Galvin


In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:
* This is a review of the audiobook.

OH MY GOD...

This is SO much better then the movie! Though the movie took a lot from the book, there were some KEY aspects that were rewritten for it to work with the movie time crunch. I thought I knew what to expect from this and I still got the rug swept out from under me! It was so awesome!

Four is WAY swoon-y-er in the book. It's probably because you get an insight into what Tris is feeling and his actions and it's so sweet and....I need to stop this run on sentence now. Let me just conclude that I S2 Four and leave it at that C:

Tris is a nice girl. She's not TOO sensitive and likes to be on her own. Doesn't really mind friends, though by the end of the novel she doesn't even know if they're still alive, but that's a story for another time.

Caleb really surprised me at the end of the novel. I don't really remember if the same thing happens in the movie, but it still took my breath away. At this families' core, it'll always be blood before faction. It almost feels like that's the moral of the story.

P.S. I wasn't expecting all the self sacrificing going on in the end as well. I can't wait to start book #2.

The Audiobook:
It was nicely narrated and I didn't really mind the voice of the woman (Emma Galvin). It was cute how she did different accents for a few of the characters so I could decipher who was talking easier. Overall, I will continue to purchase audiobooks read by this woman.

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...