If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 10, 2023

Audio Book Review: Doc By K.L. Savage

Doc
(Ruthless Kings MC #7)
By K.L. Savage

Length: 7 hours and 29 minutes
Narrators: Avery Caris, Connor Brown

She holds a special place in my heart.

The darkest part of it.
A part I never show anyone.
From the moment we met, I wanted to show her all my scars , the need I hide inside.

Joanna.
The woman who wears long sleeve shirts on a hundred-degree day.
She's been away at college and when she comes home, I plan on making her mine.

One phone call.
A broken voice.
Time stands still.
And everything changes.

My plans goes up in smoke when I find her.
Drip.
Drip.
Drip.
Rivers run red. My heart stops.
My chance with her hangs in the hands of fate.
I've turned a blind eye to the help she needs.
What kind of doctor does that make me?
No more. I'll be everything for her.
Doctor. Friend. Lover. Husband.

But I've learned, everything means nothing if she doesn't start caring about herself.

Especially when there is more to her now than there ever was.
I'll carve scars into her enemy and break my oath as a doctor to bring her JUSTICE.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible |

My Review:

I know some people consider trigger warnings to be spoilers so I've hidden them. Just highlight the text to read them.

Trigger Warnings: Suicidal ideation, multiple suicide attempts, cutting, graphic gore and violence, on-page rape (which I skipped entirely because I just wasn't going to go there).

This book needs all the trigger warnings. I knew going into this that this was going to be dark but I wasn't prepared for how dark. Granted, I've read much darker books than this but I knew what I was going into with those books. This one blindsided me and I didn't appreciate it.

The main characters didn't really incite much emotion from me. It felt like they were going through the steps and I was just a clinical observer to all their pain and suffering. I just couldn't connect with them. What I will say is that the heroine needed some actual medical help especially a therapist and probably a psychiatrist pronto. Also, it shouldn't have been that easy for her to escape from a hospital, just FYI.

The secondary characters played a big part in this story and I couldn't have cared less if I tried considering this is the only book in this series that I've read and I'm planning to keep it that way. Overall, this book wasn't for me. Considering how things went I'm also pretty sure this series and maybe this author isn't for me. 

The Audio Book:

Both narrators were fine. The characters were somewhat distinguishable from each other but don't take my word for it. Most of them just blurred into one being because I just couldn't bring myself to care enough about them to make an effort to distinguish them from each other.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...