If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, April 3, 2023

Audio Book Review: Willing Captive By Belle Aurora

Willing Captive
By Belle Aurora

Length: 8 hours and 49 minutes
Narrator: Angela Starling & Alastair Haynesbridge

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years.
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job.
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met.
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity.

What lengths would she go through to keep them?

*This is a stand-alone novel and is unrelated to Friend-Zoned. This is NOT a dark romance.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

What the heck was this novel! I was expecting something much more action packed and overall entertaining. What I actually got? Well, how does a bland heroine lusting after her "protector" with a really idiotic mystery sound to you?

Lilly was this bland, idiotic and emotionally immature 22 year old. In the same moment, usually within a span of a paragraph, she would both scream at and pout and then say sorry to whoever had upset her. She's a child who doesn't deal well with people telling her what to do even though she's in danger. Even after she confirms this with her own father she still doesn't let up. It's a wonder I didn't damage something in my eyes after all the eye rolling I did with her attitude and the actions she took.

Nox was OK, I guess. He was a bastard to Lilly because she was usually being petulant and childish. How he fell for that is still a something I'm scratching my head over. He's loyal and protective of the people he cares for.

The ending was way too open and shut for my taste. Then again, there was barely any mystery, to begin with, because everything we knew came from Nox rehashing it and that phone call Lilly took. So there wasn't much lead up for a solution to matter but it happened anyway out of nowhere.

On a side note on the second half of the story, the word "utter" would not stop appearing. Every other sentence had this word. I think I started hallucinating a cow being in the same room as them because every time I heard that word I could only think of cow udders! >.<

The Audio Book:

I'm okay listening to the female narrator on 1.25x speed, but this story killed everything good about it. She was relaxing to listen to (if you remove the bad story from the equation). She has surprisingly deep and believable male voices and accents. The male voice was fine, I'm not a huge fan of men narrating novels so it's saying something that his voice didn't send me over the edge.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...